Department of Tourism Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM
Department of Tourism Bursary South Africa | The Department of Tourism, as one of the South African government departments, is responsible for the development and promotion of tourism within South Africa, as well as from other countries to South Africa.
The departments’ vision is to create sustainable tourism development, to allow for economic growth in South Africa. The aim is to increase investment within the countries’ tourism sector, develop a culture of tourism amongst South Africans, increase inbound tourism, and increase how the sector contributes to economic growth and job creation.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & RENEWAL
The Department of Tourism is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries are available for studies within the following fields (Undergraduate and Postgraduate):
- Construction Management
- Environmental Management
- Information Technology (Soft Development, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing and related fields)
- Infrastructure Project Management
- Internal Forensic Audit
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Tourism Management/ Tourism Development
The bursary will cover students for the remainder of their studies, dependent on satisfactory academic performance each year.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification, in one of the fields above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must NOT be a staff member of the Department of Tourism
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY
Download and complete the Department of Tourism Bursary Application Form 2022(.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected from the reception of the Department of Tourism.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Other qualification certificates, if applicable (certified copies)
- Most recent academic records/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Confirmation of registration (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (the latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Admission letter
- Research proposal (Honors and Master’s degree students only)
- Motivational letter supporting your application
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Email, to any of the 3 Skills Development email addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms Koketso Malemela)
email@example.com (Mr Lucky Shiviti)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms Kgomotso Taunyane)
(Email title should include: “Bursary application: Ms/Mr and your surname”)
The Director General
Department of Tourism
Private Bag X424
– Hand delivery:
17 Trevena Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY
12 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Tourism directly:
Contact people & contact details:
Mr L. Shiviti (Tel: 012 444 6172, Email: email@example.com)
Ms K. Taunyane (Tel: 012 444 6164, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms K. Malemela (Tel: 012 444 6191, Email: email@example.com)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.