Department of Tourism Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM
Department of Tourism Bursary South Africa | The Department of Tourism, as one of the South African government departments, is responsible for the development and promotion of tourism within South Africa, as well as from other countries to South Africa.
The department’s vision is to create sustainable tourism development, to allow for economic growth in South Africa. The aim is to increase investment within the countries’ tourism sector, develop a culture of tourism amongst South Africans, increase inbound tourism, and increase how the sector contributes to economic growth and job creation.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | RENEWAL
The Department of Tourism is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields, at Undergraduate (Diploma/ Degree) and Postgraduate (Hons MSc/ M Tech Masters/ PhD) level:
- Business Management
- Communication Science / Journalism / Public Relations
- Computer Science / Information Technology (including Data Processing, Data Warehousing and related, Software Development)
- Development Studies
- Internal Audit (including Forensic / IT Audit)
- Risk Management
- Statistics / Data Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Tourism Development / Tourism Management
MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWAL
The bursary will cover students for the remainder of their studies, dependent on satisfactory academic performance each year.
www.zabursaries.co.za is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Department of Tourism Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time towards a Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY
Download and complete the Department of Tourism Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Alternatively, hard copy application forms can be collected from the reception of the Department of Tourism.
Enter “Zabusaries.com in the field asking how you heard about the Department of Tourism Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document
- Matric certificate
- Most recent academic records/ transcripts
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution
- Proof of parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed)
- Motivational letter supporting your application (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Note: applicants must only submit copies of the above documents – certified copies will be requested from successful applicants.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The Director General
Department of Tourism
Private Bag X424
– Hand delivery:
17 Trevena Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM BURSARY
4 November 2022 (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Tourism directly:
Contact people | contact details:
Mr L. Shiviti (Tel: 012 444 6172 / Email: email@example.com)
Ms K. Taunyane (Tel: 012 444 6164 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms K. Malemela (Tel: 012 444 6191 / Email: email@example.com)
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.