City of Johannesburg Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CITY OF JOHANNESBURG
City of Johannesburg Bursary South Africa | The City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality is separated into various departments and branches which manage the local governance of Johannesburg. The metropolitan municipalities’ services include Emergency Services, Metro Police, Traffic Fines, Water and Sanitation, Waste Management, Electricity, Public Transport: Metro Bus, E-Services, Building Plans, Driver’s License and more.
The municipality covers a large area including 2 major urban centres – Midrand and Johannesburg, as well as 11 smaller urban centres, including Sandton; Melrose Arch; Randburg; Soweto; Rosebank; Killarney; Roodepoort; Sunninghill and Diepsloot.
ABOUT THE CITY OF JOHANNESBURG BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is inviting students residing in Johannesburg, to apply for bursary funding for the 2023 academic year.. The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to providing training opportunities, by way of Financial Assistance (bursary funding) to youth residing in the Johannesburg community, in an effort to fulfil its socio-economic mandate.
Read Also: Bursary Motivational Letter
Bursaries will be awarded for full-time undergraduate studies in any of these fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Built Environment (including Architecture and Construction)
- Communications and Social Media
- Community Services
- Curatorial Studies
- Emergency Management Services
- Engineering (all fields)
- Environmental Management
- Finance (including Accounting, Auditing, Small Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury and Economics)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Health (Nursing)
- Information Technology
- International Relations and Protocol
- Local Government Science/ Political Science
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Municipal Governance
- Production and Operations Management
- Quality Assurance Public Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Real Estate (including Property Valuation and Property Management)
- Sports Science
- Town and Regional Planning
MORE ABOUT THE COJ BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, RENEWAL | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks and study material (up to a maximum amount of R35 000 per year).
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and can be renewed each year, based on satisfactory academic performance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CITY OF JOHANNESBURG BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must permanently reside within the Johannesburg metropolitan area
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, within one of the fields of study listed above (undergraduate studies only – postgraduate studies will NOT be covered)
- Your qualification/ course of study must NOT be less than 1 year
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South African
- You must have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CITY OF JOHANNESBURG BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
City of Johannesburg Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID Document (certified copy)
- Current Matric students: Matric results (certified copy)
- Students who have completed Matric and are not studying yet: Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Students who have completed Matric and are studying: full academic results/ transcript, including most recent results (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence in Johannesburg (rates account/ utility bill)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificate if deceased) (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE COJ BURSARY
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the City of Johannesburg (CoJ) directly:
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi
Tel: 011 407 6979
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December