Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – DFFE
Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment DFFE Bursary South Africa | The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE), was previously known as the Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries (DEFF) before the name was changed in April 2021. The Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) is a department of the South African government, formed in 2019 as the result of a merger between the Department of Environmental Affairs and the forestry and fisheries part of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF).
The DFFE is responsible for the protection, improvement and conservation of the environment and natural resources in South Africa.
ABOUT THE DFFE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies in the following fields:
Biodiversity and Conservation:
- Biological Sciences (BSc/ Degree/ Hons BSc)
- Environmental Management/ Science, Nature Conservation
- Environmental Resource Management, Hydrology and Water Resources Management
- Environmental Science (BSc/ Degree/ Diploma/ Hons/ National Diploma)
- Heritage Studies (Degree/ Diploma)
- Natural Resource Management, Geography and Hydrology
- Nature Conservation (Degree/ Diploma/ Hons)
Chemicals and Waste Management:
- Environmental Management (B Degree/ B Tech/ Hons/ Masters/ National Diploma)
- Environmental Science (B Degree/ B Tech/ Hons/ Masters/ National Diploma)
- Information Science (B Degree/ Hons/ Masters)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (B Degree/ B Tech/ Hons/ Masters/ National Diploma)
- Natural Science (Geography, Chemistry, Hydrology, Water etc) (B Degree/ Hons/ Masters)
- Sustainable Development Studies
- Waste Management (B Degree/ Masters/ Hons)
- Water Resource Efficiency / Circular Economy (B Degree/ B Tech/ Hons/ Masters/ National Diploma)
Climate Change and Air Quality and Sustainability Development:
- Environmental Engineering (M.Eng)
- Environmental Law (LLM)
- Environmental Politics (BA (Hons))
- Environmental Science (M Sc)
- Environmental Social Science (B Sc)
- MSc/ MPhil specialising in Climate Change and Sustainable Development
- Environmental Science: Biological Resources (BSc Degree/ Hons/ Masters)
- Environmental Science: Environmental Economics (BSc Degree/ Hons/ Masters)
- Environmental Science: Environmental Law/ Biological Sciences (BSc Degree/ Hons/ Masters)
- Environmental Science: People and the Environment (BSc Degree/ Hons/ Masters)
- Environmental Science: Water Resources (BSc Degree/ Hons/ Masters)
- Environmental Science (National Diploma)
- Horticulture (National Diploma/ Adv Diploma)
- Landscape Technology (National Diploma/ Adv Diploma)
- Forestry (Advance Diploma/ Diploma)
- Forestry and Natural Resource Science (BSc)
- Natural Resource Management (BSc Honours)
- Wood and Wood Products (BSc)
- Wood and Wood Products Science (MSc)
- Environmental Science (B Degree/ Hons/ MSc)
- Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture (BSc)
- Marine/ Fisheries Biology (BSc)
- Maritime Studies
- Oceanography (National Diploma/ B Tech)
- Oceanography and Marine Biology (BSc)
- Post-Graduate studies in different fisheries and aquaculture study fields (B Tech/ BSc Hons/ MSc and PhD)
Oceans and Coast:
- Biochemistry (Genetics) (Hons/ MSc)
- Botany (Coastal related i.e. mangroves, dune vegetation) (Hons/ MSc)
- Chemistry (Heavy metals/ Plastic pollution in the Marine Environment) (MSc)
- Chemistry (Hydro-Carbons) (MSc)
- Data Analyst and Statistical Modelling
- Ecological Modelling (MSc)
- Ecophysiology (Hons/ MSc)
- GIS emphasis on Spatial analysis (Hons/ MSc)
- Marine Science / Environmental Science (BTech)
- Natural Resource Economics (Marine) (Masters/ PhD)
- Physics | Biological Oceanography Ocean Noise (PhD)
- Taxonomy (Systematics) and Biodiversity (MSc)
Regulatory Compliance and Sector Monitoring:
- Bachelor of Environmental Sciences (majoring in Animal and wildlife)
- Botany (BSc)
- Chemistry (BSc)
- Environmental Management majoring in Environmental Impact Assessment (Bachelor of)
- Geography (BSc Honours)
- Geography, Geoinformatics (BSc)
- Law (B.A)
- LLB (Major courses Administrative law, legislative drafting, Environmental Law)
- Paralegal (Degree/ Diploma)
ABOUT THE DFFE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded for the maximum value of R50 000.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the DFFE Bursary.
Successful candidates will be contacted by no later than 31 January 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Successful bursary recipients will be required to sign a bursary contract with the department.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DFFE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or you have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must NOT be employed
- You must NOT be an employee of the DFFE
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged candidates and those living with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DFFE BURSARY
Download and complete the: DFFE Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the DFFE bursary.
Indicate the relevant reference number and qualification you are applying for, on the application form:
- Biodiversity and Conservation (Reference No: BC/01/2022)
- Chemicals and Waste Management (Reference No: CWM/01/2022)
- Climate Change and Air Quality and Sustainability Development (Reference No: CCAQ/01/2022)
- Environmental Programmes (Reference No: EP/01/2022)
- Forestry Management (Reference No: FOR/01/2022)
- Fisheries Management (Reference No: FISH/01/2022)
- Oceans and Coasts (Reference No: OC/01/2022)
- Regulatory Compliance and Sector Monitoring (Reference No: RCSM/01/2022)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Qualifications or certificates completed, if applicable (certified copies)
- Most recent academic records, if currently studying (certified copies)
- Proof of registration, if enrolled (on institutes letterhead)
- Parents or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable/ affidavit or death certificates if deceased)
- Research proposal, if an Honours or Masters’s student
- Motivational letter to support your application and explain why you should be awarded the bursary (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment
Private Bag X 447
For attention: Learning and Development – Bursary Section
– Hand delivery to Pretoria:
Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment
473 Steve Biko Street
Cnr Steve Biko and Soutpansberg Road
– Hand delivery to Cape Town:
Department of Forestry, Fisheries and Environment
63 Strand Street
13th Floor Nedbank Building
Note: Applications submitted via fax or email will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DFFE BURSARY
7 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) directly:
- Joshua Moepya (Tel: 012 399 8682 / Cell: 067 417 3739)
- Busisiwe Stemele (Tel: 012 399 8685 / Cell: 066 156 0042)
- Mokhobo Putu (Tel: 012 399 9018 / Cell: 066 081 2662)
Cape Town contacts:
- Kgomotso Moela (Tel: 021 402 3329 / Cell: 081 492 5570)
- Mooketsa Mabe (Tel: 021 402 3412 / Cell: 071 540 2685)
- Neliswa Magwala (Tel: 021 814 8089 / Cell: 066 081 9858)
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered