Coronation Fund Managers Exceptional Student Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CORONATION
Coronation Fund Managers was established in Cape Town, South Africa in 1993. When the company was started, there was a total of 15 staff members and no assets under management – today there is an excess of R588 billion under management.
The company is a third-party fund management company, with offices across South Africa, Namibia, Ireland and the United Kingdom.
ABOUT THE CORONATION FUND MANAGERS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Coronation Fund Managers are inviting students to apply for the Exceptional Student Bursary, for the 2022 academic year. The bursary is intended to help students who wish to follow a career path within the Commerce sector, who have a strong academic record.
The bursary will provide recipients with full support, covering all study related expenses. Once bursary recipients have graduated, they will be required to enter into the work-back commitment contract.
All applicants will receive an email confirming that their application has been received, and thereafter will be advised if their application has been unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CORONATION FUND MANAGERS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Commerce degree qualification
- You must be studying or enrolled to study full time at a university in South Africa
- You must have an excellent academic record
- Current Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 75%
- Current University students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- You must have strong leadership potential
- You must be a well rounded student
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CORONATION FUND MANAGERS BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Coronation Fund Managers Exceptional Student Bursary Application
Students must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of monthly family income (latest payslips if employed/ bank statements if self-employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension or grant if applicable)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric results to date, if currently in Matric (certified copies)
- Grade 11 final results, Matric final results AND latest tertiary transcript, if currently studying (certified copies)
- Proof of registration, if enrolled at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Statement explaining why you chose your field of study and what you intend on doing with your qualification once you have graduated (1 page)
- Letter of recommendation from someone who can attest to your academic performance and personal character (include the persons contact details) (this person must not be related to you)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Students under 18: a completed and signed consent form (.docx) by a parent or guardian – to comply with POPI regulations
- Students under 18: parent/ guardian ID document (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CORONATION FUND MANAGERS BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Excel@Uni (the bursary administrators) directly:
Tel: 021 409 7000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com