Columbus Stainless Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
What is Bursary
A Bursary is A grant, especially one awarded to someone to enable them to study at university or college.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – COLUMBUS STAINLESS
Columbus Stainless was founded in 1966, is part of the Acerinox Group of companies and is the sole producer of stainless steel on the African Continent. Located in Mpumalanga, South Africa, the company is a major supplier of stainless steel into Africa and internationally.
Stainless steel is durable, 100% recyclable and preferred metal for the future. Columbus Stainless produces a range of products, including Cold Rolled Coil; Cold Rolled Sheet; Hot Rolled Coil; Hot Rolled Sheet; Hot Rolled Plate; Hot Rolled Black Coil; as well as Slit coil.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Columbus Stainless bursaries to students currently pursuing their studies in any of the following qualifications:
- Process Instrumentation: National Diploma (starting 2nd year in 2021)
- Mechanical Engineering: National Diploma (starting 2nd year in 2021)
- Physical Metallurgy/ Material Sciences: BEng/ BSc (starting 3rd year in 2021)
- Physical Metallurgy: BEng/ Material Science: BSc/ Chemical Engineering (starting 4th year in 2021)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SELECTION
Students will receive financial assistance to help cover the cost of their studies, as well as the opportunity to increase their knowledge via the in-house training program after graduation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the bursary closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- Process Instrumentation (National Diploma) students: completed 1st year and starting 2nd year of study in 2021
- Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma) students: completed 1st year and starting 2nd year of study in 2021
- Physical Metallurgy/ Material Sciences (BEng/ BSc) students: completed 2nd year and starting 3rd year of study in 2021
- Physical Metallurgy (BEng)/ Material Science (BSc)/ Chemical Engineering students: completed 3rd year and starting 4th year of study in 2021
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for the previous year of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
The application must be done online at; https://columbus.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Home/BrowseJobs
Process Instrumentation (National Diploma) Bursary
Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma) Bursary
Physical Metallurgy/ Material Sciences (BEng/ BSc) Bursary
Physical Metallurgy (BEng)/ Material Science (BSc)/ Chemical Engineering Bursary
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2021 (on institutes letterhead)
1 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Columbus Stainless directly:
Tel: 013 247 9111