Columbus Stainless Bursary South Africa 2024
What is Bursary
Columbus Stainless Bursary South Africa | A Bursary is A grant, especially one awarded to someone to enable them to study at a university or college.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – COLUMBUS STAINLESS
Columbus Stainless was founded in 1966, is part of the Acerinox Group of companies and is the sole producer of stainless steel on the African Continent. Located in Mpumalanga, South Africa, the company is a major supplier of stainless steel in Africa and internationally.
Stainless steel is durable, 100% recyclable and the preferred metal for the future. Columbus Stainless produces a range of products, including Cold-Rolled Coil; Cold-Rolled Sheet; Hot-Rolled Coil; Hot-Rolled Sheet; Hot-Rolled Plate; Hot-Rolled Black Coil; as well as Slit coil.
ABOUT THE COLUMBUS STAINLESS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Columbus Stainless is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing in the local areas of Middelburg/ Witbank, for undergraduate degree studies within these fields:
- Computer Engineering/ Computer Science / Information Technology (BEng / BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng / BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng / BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng / BSc)
- Metallurgy / Material Sciences / Chemical Engineering (BEng / BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE COLUMBUS STAINLESS BURSARY PROGRAMME
Columbus Stainless offers all-inclusive bursary funding.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Columbus Stainless Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the bursary closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COLUMBUS STAINLESS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in Middelburg/ Witbank, in Mpumalanga province
- You must be currently in Matric, in the 2023 academic year
- You must intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate degree, in one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be entering your 1st year of study in 2024
- You must be provisionally accepted to study at a university in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record, with a minimum overall average of 70%
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE COLUMBUS STAINLESS BURSARY
The application must be submitted online at:
Columbus Stainless Bursary Application 2024: Computer Engineering/ Computer Science/ Information Technology
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Columbus Stainless Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final result and Matric latest results
- Proof of provisional acceptance at university
- Proof of residence
- Full Curriculum Vitae (including: personal information, education and if any, experience and references)
- Any other relevant documents/ certificates/ courses
CLOSING DATE FOR THE COLUMBUS STAINLESS BURSARY
30 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Columbus Stainless directly:
Tel: 013 247 9111
Or submit your query via their contact page (choose the “Recruitment and Bursaries” option under the drop-down menu): https://www.columbus.co.za/contact-us.php
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.