Clicks Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CLICKS FOUNDATION
Clicks Bursary South Africa | Clicks Holdings Limited was founded by entrepreneurial retailer Jack Goldin in Cape Town, South Africa in 1968. The company is a group of healthcare; lifestyle; beauty and music retail brands and chains located within South Africa. The retail giant sell a wide range of products across their 795 outlets within Southern Africa and is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange. The company opened their first store in St George’s Street within the Cape Town CBD.
The Clicks Group sells a range of brands including clicks; The Body Shop; General Nutrition Corporation (GNC); Musica and Claire’s. The company currently has the biggest retail pharmacy chain in the country, with more than 470 pharmacies in-store.
ABOUT THE CLICKS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Clicks is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Business Operations (Commerce)
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Economic Sciences (Commerce)
- Information Systems (Commerce)
- Information Systems & Technology (Commerce)
- Marketing and Supply Chain Management (Commerce)
- Marketing Management (Commerce)
- Property Studies
- Statistics and Data Science (Commerce)
- Supply Chain Management (Commerce)
- Transport & Logistics Management (Commerce)
Clicks bursaries are merit-based (selection is based on academic performance) and aims to address scarce and critical skills by providing funding for studies within the Retail and Pharmaceutical Healthcare industries.
Note: Clicks also offers the Clicks Foundation Bursary for undergraduate Pharmacy students.
MORE ABOUT THE CLICKS BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, as well as access to study assistance and aids when required.
The bursary will NOT provide cover for any fees outstanding from previous years of study.
Candidates will be screened and selected in accordance with the Clicks Foundation selection criteria, as well as the national and provincial economic active population.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CLICKS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 19 and 35 years
- You must be currently studying towards an undergraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be registered for your 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study
- You must be studying at a recognized university in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- You must NOT currently be in receipt of any other bursary awards
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups and students living with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CLICKS BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at:
Clicks Bursary Application 2022
(Reference number: click_bur_004901)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full university academic record, including the latest results (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of University registration for 2022
- Proof of disability, if applicable (letter from medical doctor)
(Candidates can read about the Clicks Group Recruitment Process here).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CLICKS BURSARY
25 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Clicks Group directly:
Or contact the Clicks support team:
Tel: 010 140 3099
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.