City of Cape Town Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CITY OF CAPE TOWN
City of Cape Town Bursary South Africa 2024 | City of Cape Town Bursary South Africa, Cape Town, also known as the “Mother City”, is infamous for its landmark sight (and “7th wonder of the world”) Table Mountain. The port city is situated on the southwest coast of South Africa, covers an area of almost 2500 km², and has a coastline of almost 300km.
The City of Cape Town Metropolitan Municipality is categorized as a “Category A municipality”.
ABOUT THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The City of Cape Town is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students who reside within the Cape Metropolitan Area/ Cape Town, for studies within these scarce skills fields (at undergraduate or postgraduate level):
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Artisan Training
- Contract Management
- Data Science/ Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science)
- Engineering (Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Fire Engineering, Port Engineering, Coastal Engineering)
- Environmental (including Air Pollution and Water Studies)
- Fleet Management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Systems and Technology
- Legal (various fields)
- Organisational Psychology
- Project Management
- Public Accountability
- Renewable Energy – Solar
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical training/ qualification in Electricity/ Energy/ Refrigeration/ Electronic/ Process Control and Operations
- Transport Management
- Urban Design, Landscape, Town and Regional Planning, Surveying and Architecture
Scarce skills are fields in which there are not enough qualified individuals to do a specific job. The above scarce skills have been identified by the City of Cape Town as these are the qualifications in demand in the City.
MORE ABOUT THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION PROCESS
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted no later than 15 December 2023 – if you have not received any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the City of Cape Town Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Cape Metropolitan Area/ Cape Town
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification within one of the scarce skills areas listed above (undergraduate/ postgraduate/ honours/ masters/ doctorate)
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University, University of Technology, or TVET College)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary awards or financial assistance (including NSFAS)
- You must NOT be a City of Cape Town employee
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY
Download and complete the City of Cape Town Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Alternatively, you may collect a copy of the application form at one of the City libraries or Walk-in Centres listed below.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the City of Cape Town bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Proof of registration or provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution, if not studying yet (on institution letterhead)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (on institution letterhead)
- Statement of account from a tertiary institution, if registered and studying
- Awards or certificates won, if applicable
- Recommendation letter from a teacher/ mentor/ peer, if applicable
- 2 contactable references (with their contact details)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of work completed in your chosen field of study, if applicable
- Parents’ or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of government grant if applicable) (not older than 3 months) (certified copy)
Applications can be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
(Insert the words “City of Cape Town Bursary Application 2024” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery to any of the following Walk-in Centre:
- Bellville Municipal Office Walk-in Centre: Reed Street, Bellville, 7530
- Brackenfell Walk-in Centre: Cnr Paradys and Old Paarl Roads, Brackenfell, 7560
- Cape Town Civic Centre Walk-in Centre: Civic Centre, 2nd Floor Podium (Cash office & MVR), 12 Hertzog Boulevard, Cape Town, 8000
- Parow Walk-in Centre: Civic Centre, Voortrekker Road, Parow, 7500
- Plumstead Walk-in Centre: Municipal Office/ MVR, Cnr Victoria and Main Roads, Plumstead, 7140
- Strand Walk-in Centre: Ground Floor, Municipal Office/ MVR Office, Cnr Fagan and Main Roads, Strand, 7140
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CITY OF CAPE TOWN BURSARY
15 September 2023 – extension.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the City of Cape Town directly:
HR Service Desk
Tel: 0860 103 089/ 021 400 3434 (select option 6)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.