City of Cape Town Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CITY OF CAPE TOWN
Cape Town, also known as the “Mother City”, is infamous for its landmark sight (and “7th wonder of the world”) Table Mountain. The port city is situated on the southwest coast of South Africa, covers an area of almost 2500 km² and has a coastline of almost 300km.
The City of Cape Town Metropolitan Municipality is categorised as a “Category A municipality”.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Bursaries will be awarded within the following “scarce skills” fields of study:
- Accounting (Chartered Accounting and Cost Management)
- Auditing (for registration purposes)
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Fleet Management
- Legal Specialisation (various fields)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Systems and Technology (Specialist)
- Medical Specialists
- Nursing Specialists
- Environmental Specialists (various fields)
- Library Sciences (collections and acquisitions)
- Renewable Energy
- Artisan Training
- Technical qualifications/ training: Electronic/ Energy Services/ Electricity/ Process Control and Operations/ HVAC/ Refrigeration
- Engineering (various fields)
- Urban Design
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and exam fees.
During the course of your studies, the City will assist you with practical training as required for your course. You may also be appointed a mentor from the City to assist you where possible.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for the City of Cape Town for an equal duration of time as their bursary award.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any correspondence by 30 April 2018, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the greater Cape Metropolitan Area
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or registered to study full-time towards a Diploma/ Undergraduate Degree/ Postgraduate Degree within one of the scarce skills areas (as listed above)
- Studying or registered to study at an approved tertiary institution in South Africa
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the City of Cape Town Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parent/ guardian (surety’s) ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution
- Awards/ certificates where applicable (certified copies)
- Recommendation letter from a teacher or mentor
- 2 x references (contact details)
Completed application forms and documentation must be submitted to the City of Cape Town, via post:
P O Box 298
19 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the City of Cape Town directly:
HR Service Desk
Tel: 086 010 3089 (option 6)
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round