Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Bursary South Africa; The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality, located within the Eastern Cape province of South Africa, was established in 2000 after municipal areas were reorganised. Before it became a metropolitan municipality, it was part of the Amathole District Municipality, before the separation occurred in 2011.
The municipality includes the towns of Bhisho, King William’s Town and East London and the townships of Zwelitsha and Mdantsane.
ABOUT THE BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the municipal area, for studies in the following fields:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Facilities Management
- Land Surveying
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Town and Regional Planning
MORE ABOUT THE BUFFALO MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & RENEWAL
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and other study materials.
The bursary will be awarded for 1 academic year at a time, however, students are able to reapply for funding with the Municipality each year, based on academic performance.
MORE ABOUT THE BUFFALO MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 28 January 2023, and invited to attend an interview. If you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Buffalo Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 35 years old
- You must permanently reside within Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality, in the Eastern Cape province
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have completed Matric OR an NCV Level 4 Certificate
- Students who completed Matric: you must have achieved a minimum “C” symbol (60-69%) for Mathematics, a minimum “C” symbol (60-69%) for Accounting, a minimum “C” symbol (60-69%) for Physical Science and a “D” symbol (50-59%) for English
- Students who completed an NCV Level 4 Certificate: you must have passed Mathematics
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields of study listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (preferably within the Eastern Cape)
- You must be willing and able to work within Buffalo City after graduation
- Preference will be given to underprivileged students and students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
- Preference will be given to students who have been accepted to study at a TVET College
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BUFFALO CITY METROPOLITAN MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Application forms must be collected from the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality, in the Community Support Centers, at one of the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality Youth Advisory Centers:
- Mdantsane Library: Dunga Street, Duncan Village, East London, 5209
- King William’s Town Civic Centre: 25 Taylor Street, Qonce, 5601
- Duncan Village Art Centre: Duncan Village, East London, 5209
- East London Trust Centre Building: 117 Oxford Street, East London CBD, East London, 5200 (7th Floor, Office 706)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or NCV Level 4 Certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, including most recent results (certified copy)
- Proof of residence within the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality or letter from the ward councillor confirming residency (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
Special Programmes Unit
Trust Centre Building
117 Oxford Street
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 134
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BUFFALO MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
31 October 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Nandipha Jaji
Tel: 043 705 1013
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.