Bester Bursary And Graduate Development Programme South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – BESTER
Bester Bursary And Graduate Development Programme South Africa | Bester Feed & Grain (Pty) Ltd (Bester), established in 1994, is an agricultural trading company that specialises in the domestic and international marketing of grain, oilseeds and animal feed ingredients.
Bester is a BexGroup company – a holding company for several businesses in the agricultural and logistics value chain.
Bester specialises in the following agricultural commodities: Grains, Fishmeal, Feed Additives and Minerals, Oilcakes, Millers’ By-products, Oilseeds, Lucerne and Pecans.
ABOUT THE BESTER BURSARY & GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Bester is inviting students to apply for their Bursary & Graduate Development Programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Funding will be awarded for Degree studies within these fields:
- Logistics/ Supply Chain
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Bester Bursary & Graduate Development Programme.
MORE ABOUT THE BESTER BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED, OTHER BENEFITS, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Bursary recipients will receive the following benefits:
- Full cover of tuition fees.
- Work experience by partaking in mandatory vacation work for 2 weeks in June/ July and 2 weeks in November/ December, for which students will receive market-related payment.
- Guidance and mentoring from Bester’s senior manager.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work for Bester for the equal duration of funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview, conducted by the Bester Graduate Development panel. If you have not received any feedback, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BESTER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must study towards a Degree qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be in your 2nd or higher year of study
- You must study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%
- You must be interested in taking up employment at the company
- You must be an energetic go-getter
- You must have excellent communication skills
- You must be able to understand Afrikaans
- You must have strong analytical skills
- You must work well within a team
- Preference will be given to EE candidates
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BESTER BURSARY
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Bester Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on institution letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application and explain why you should be awarded the bursary (read our tips on writing a motivational letter here)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BESTER BURSARY
30 June 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.