Armscor Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ARMSCOR
Armscor Bursary South Africa | Armaments Corporation of South Africa (known as ARMSCOR) was established in 1968 as an arms production company. Today, Armscor is the South African Department of Defence’s (DOD) arms procurement agency.
Not only do Armscor provide services to the DOD, but they also service the South African Government and other stakeholders across Africa.
ABOUT THE ARMSCOR BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Armscor is inviting students from a previously disadvantaged background, to apply for 2022 bursary funding. The Armscor Bursary Scheme aims to address the lack of critical skills in science and engineering skills, of the defence industry.
Bursaries are available to students who are interested in pursuing a career in the defence industry, by pursuing studies within the Engineering and Science sector, particularly the following fields:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Light current)
- Ergonomics Science
- Human Kinetics
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Material Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Naval Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE ARMSCOR BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and meals.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work, during university holidays, where possible.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, within one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institute within South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the defense industry
- You must have achieved a minimum of levels 5 in Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of levels 6 in Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of levels 7 in English in Matric
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
Download and complete the Armscor Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions’ letterhead: certified copy)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (the latest payslips or employment letter if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit if an informal trader/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ death certificate if deceased)
- Covering letter, stating the following: your field of study and what motivated you to choose to study in your field
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Armscor Bursary Application- Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Senior Manager: Learning & Organisation Development
Private Bag X337
Students who are shortlisted will be required to submit these documents, before the bursary can be awarded:
- Matric certificate or final results (certified copy)
- Proof of University registration or acceptance, for 2022 studies (on institutions’ letterhead)
- University student number
- Fees statement (on institutions’ letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
27 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Armscor directly:
Contact person: Sam Sibiya
Tel: 012 428 2434
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.