Armscor Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ARMSCOR
Armscor Bursary South Africa | Armaments Corporation of South Africa (known as ARMSCOR) was established in 1968 as an arms production company. Today, Armscor is the South African Department of Defence’s (DOD) arms procurement agency.
Not only do Armscor provide services to the DOD, but they also service the South African Government and other stakeholders across Africa.
ABOUT THE ARMSCOR BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Armscor, partnered with the Defence industry, is inviting inviting students to apply for their bursary program, for the 2023 academic year..
The Armscor Bursary Scheme aims to address the lack of critical skills in science and engineering skills, of the defense industry.
Bursaries will be awarded to students from a previously disadvantaged background, who are interested in pursuing a career in the defense industry – particularly the following fields within the Engineering and Science sector:
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Ergonomics Science
- Human Kinetics
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Material Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Naval Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE ARMSCOR BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation, and meals.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Armscor Bursary.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to partake in vacation work, during university holidays, where possible.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time, towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institute within South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be interested in pursuing a career within the defense industry
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 5 in Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 6 in Physical Science in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 7 in English in Matric
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
Download and complete the application form in either of the following formats:
Armscor Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Armscor Bursary Application Form 2022 (.doc)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Armscor bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead: certified copy)
- Proof of registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips or employment letter if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit if an informal trader/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ death certificate if deceased)
- Covering letter, stating the following: your field of study and what motivated you to choose to study in your field
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Armscor Bursary Application- Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Senior Manager: Learning & Organisation Development
Private Bag X337
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to submit the following documents before the bursary is awarded:
- Matric final results/ certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or registration at the University (on the institution’s letterhead)
- Student number
- Fees statement, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ARMSCOR BURSARY
27 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact Armscor directly:
Contact person: Thulisile Sibeko
Tel: 012 428 2456
Please do NOT contact Armscor if this bursary has already closed.
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or SMS If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications 2023 – 2024
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024