Amazon Recruitment Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AMAZON
Amazon, founded in 1994, is an American multinational technology company whose industries include e-commerce, digital distribution, consumer electronics, cloud computing and artificial intelligence. The company is the second biggest employer within the USA and one of the “Big Four” technology companies (alongside Facebook, Apple and Google) in the world.
In 2018, the Amazon Development Centre (South Africa) established the bursary programme to develop a talent pipeline for Amazon (AWS) within the country.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Amazon Recruitment will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (undergraduate degrees):
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, stationery, accommodation in residence or equivalent private accommodation, meals, transport and a personal computer, up to a maximum amount.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
Bursary recipients will be required to partake in vacation work during holidays and training opportunities at Amazon. When students have graduated, they must work for Amazon for the equal number of years of funding received.
Applicants can expect to receive the outcome of their application via email by 21 December 2020. If you have not received any correspondence by 15 January 2021, please contact StudyTrust.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Entering your 1st or 2nd year of study in 2021
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised public University within South Africa
- Current Matric students: achieved a minimum result of 75% for Mathematics and Physical Science
- Current 1st-year tertiary students: achieved and maintain a minimum overall average of 70%
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Total combined household income must NOT be more than R750 000 per year
- Preference will be given to female students and students from rural areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://leap.ly/campaign/study-trust
You will be required to register an account before you can log in and apply. This is the preferred method of application.
2) By downloading and completing the StudyTrust Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Only for current Matric students and Gap year students who do NOT have internet access. A valid email address is required.
Applications must be submitted via email to email@example.com or faxed to 086 538 1537.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or hardcopy application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional admission to a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photo of you (head and shoulders only)
- Testimonial from an Educational Official
- Parents/ guardians/ household proof of income (salary or wage slips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit stating annual income if self-employed/ 3 months most recent bank statements or latest audited financial statement if they own a business/ SASSA letter stating grants received if applicable/ death certificate if deceased/ letter from the court stating child support amount if parents are divorced or affidavit from a parent stating the child support amount received if parents are separated)
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust directly:
Fax: 086 538 1537
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / applications@StudyTrust.org.za