Amazon Recruitment Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AMAZON
Amazon, founded in 1994, is an American multinational technology company whose industries include e-commerce, digital distribution, consumer electronics, cloud computing and artificial intelligence. The company is the second biggest employer within the USA and one of the “Big Four” technology companies (alongside Facebook, Apple and Google) in the world.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Amazon Recruitment will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study (undergraduate degrees):
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, stationery, accommodation in residence or equivalent private accommodation, meals, transport (a maximum of 4 bus trips home per year) and a a personal computer.
Students who maintain good academic results will receive funding for the entire duration of their studies and may then be offered a position in the Amazon graduate development programme in Cape Town.
Bursary recipients will be required to partake in vacation work during holidays and training opportunities at Amazon. When students have graduated, they must work for Amazon for the equal number of years of funded received.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised public University within South Africa
- Current Matric students: achieved a minimum result of 75% for Mathematics and Physical Science
- Current 1st year tertiary students: achieved and maintain a minimum overall average of 70%
- From a previously disadvantaged background
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://leap.ly/opportunities/310
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Motivational letter in support of your bursary application (why you should be selected to receive a bursary)
30 September 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Study Trust directly:
Contact Person: Mr Mthusi Morebodi (Bursary Support Manager)
Tel: 011 403 1632 / 011 403 1130
Fax: 086 567 5604