ABSIP Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ABSIP
The Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals (ABSIP) was founded in order to address the shortage of black professionals within the investment and securities industry, as well as to engage in a way to make a positive impact on the economy.
Established in 1995, ABSIP is now highly influential in the Financial Sector transformation and is affiliated with the BBC (Black Business Council).
ABSIP members include individuals who are new to the Financial Services Sector, as well as professionals with many years of experience. The companies membership includes a range of sub-sectors, including: Corporate Banking, Private Banking, Retail Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Insurance, Employee Benefits, Corporate Finance, Stock Broking, Private Equity, Financial and Corporate Managerial Consulting, Treasury and Development Finance Institutions (DFIs).
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
One of the ABSIP’s main priorities is education and academic excellence, hence the offering of bursary awards to deserving students.
The bursary programme was launched in 2013 and has financially assisted many tertiary students since then.
Bursaries will be awarded to students who are ABSIP members, academically deserving and studying towards a Commerce qualification (from the second year of study onward).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Good academic record
- Studying towards a qualification within the Commerce field of study
- Currently in your second or later year of study (ie. no first-year students)
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for studies
- Proven financial need
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- A member of ABSIP and be in good standing for at least 6 months
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application Forms can be downloaded online at http://absip.co.za/site/services/absip-bursary/ OR requested via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of),
- Matric mid-year and final results (certified copies of)
- Parents/ guardian’s ID documents (certified copies of)
- Parents/ guardian’s pay-slips (if employed) (certified copy of)
- Parents/ guardian’s sworn affidavit (if unemployed)
- Parents/ guardian’s proof of income (if pensioners)
Application forms and supporting documents must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 0865495147
15 January annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact ABSIP directly:
The Association of Black Securities and Investment Professionals (ABSIP)
Tel: 011 483 0844
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round