Xylem SA Trust Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – XYLEM SA TRUST
Xylem SA Trust Bursary South Africa | Xylem Inc is a top-rated water technology company that uses innovative and smart technology solutions to take care of global water, wastewater and energy needs – the company is committed to “Solving Water”.
The Xylem SA Trust is funded by Xylem Inc and is committed to supporting the development of disadvantaged citizens in South Africa, by way of educational financial assistance and scholarships.
ABOUT THE XYLEM SA TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Xylem SA Trust is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in technical fields that are water-related and/or linked to scarce skills in South Africa, which may include (but are not limited to):
- Construction related courses
- Water-related and water infrastructure fields such as Engineering
- Water Quality
MORE ABOUT THE XYLEM SA TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation and a stipend allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. If you do not receive any feedback, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Xylem SA Trust Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE XYLEM SA TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be Black (HDIs)
- You must NOT be older than 35 years of age
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification that is related to Water Science
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary awards (including NSFAS)
- Preference will be given to female students, youth and students from rural areas
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE XYLEM SA TRUST BURSARY
Download and complete the Xylem SA Trust Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Xylem SA Trust Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent exam results for the full duration of your studies, if currently studying (certified by your tertiary institution)
- Fee statement for the 2023 academic year. (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of placement in student accommodation and expenses
- A motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary (1 page) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Research students must also submit: a progress report or supervisor motivation on progress and plans towards completion
Applications must be submitted to Junay Lange via email at: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Xylem SA Trust Bursary 2022” in the email subject line).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit the following documents (these documents are NOT required at the initial application stage):
- Proof of residential address
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, SASSA confirmation of receiving a grant) (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians’ marriage certified if married/ divorce certificate if divorced/ death certificate if deceased (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE XYLEM SA TRUST BURSARY
6 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Xylem SA Trust directly:
Contact person: Junay Lange
Please do NOT contact the Xylem SA Trust if this bursary has already closed.
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.