UNISA BANKSETA Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – UNISA & BANKSETA
UNISA BANKSETA Bursary South Africa | The University of South Africa (known as Unisa), is South Africa’s largest university system, by number of enrollments. UNISA is a comprehensive university that offers vocational and academic programmes, many of which have received international accreditation, as well as an extensive geographical footprint.
The Banking Sector Education and Training Authority (BankSETA) assists in the transformation of the broader banking/microfinance sector and skills development. BankSETA is a statutory body that was established through the Skills Development Act in 1998 and amended in 2011.
ABOUT THE UNISA BANKSETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
UNISA’s College of Accounting Sciences is inviting students to apply for the BANKSETA Lesedi Bursary Scheme, for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary will be awarded for BCom Financial Accounting Sciences (98302) studies at UNISA.
MORE ABOUT THE UNISA BANKSETA BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
Otagouni.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the UNISA BANKSETA Bursary.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: total tuition fees, a laptop (up to R7 000), a monthly stipend/ allowance of R1 500 and a monthly data allowance of R500.
The bursary will NOT cover any outstanding fees from previous studies.
Bursary recipients will be required to attend virtual classes, via Microsoft Teams. The class calendar will be provided to the students by the College and any other academic-related sessions offered by the Bursary Scheme.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UNISA BANKSETA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under 35 years old
- You must be registered to study Bachelor of Commerce in Financial Accounting (BCom Fac – 98302) at Unisa, for the 2023 academic year
- You must have a total household income of less than R600 000 per annum
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursaries or grants
- You must NOT be employed for the duration of the programme, in 2023
- Preference will be given to students with disabilities, financially disadvantaged students and students with good historical academic performance
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UNISA BANKSETA BURSARY
Download and complete the UNISA BANKSETA Bursary Application 2023 (.pdf)
Enter “Otagouni.com” in the field asking how you heard about the UNISA BANKSETA bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Highest qualification certificate (certified copy)
- The academic record of your highest qualification (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at UNISA for BCom Fac in 2023
- ID documents/ birth certificate of any dependents (certified copy)
- ID documents of people who contribute to your household income (parents/ guardians/ spouse) (certified copy)
- Proof of income/ payslips of people who contribute to your household income (certified copy – not older than 3 months)
- SAPS stamped affidavit stating that there is no household income and indicating sources of financial support (supporting documents, e.g. death certificates of guardians must be provided) (if there is no household income)
- Proof of disability, if applicable
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “UNISA BANKSETA Bursary 2023” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UNISA BANKSETA BURSARY
26 June 2023 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Unisa directly:
Tel: 012 429 4735 / 012 429 3580
Please do NOT contact Unisa or BANKSETA if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.