UFS Bursary: Star of Stars Competition South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – UFS
UFS Bursary: Star of Stars Competition South Africa | The University of the Free State (UFS) first opened in 1904 as a tertiary section of Grey College, then in 1950 its name was changed to the University of the Orange Free State when it was declared an independent Afrikaans-language university, it wasn’t until 2001 that the name changed to the University of the Free State.
Today, UFS has 3 campuses: South Campus located in Bloemfontein, Main Campus or Bloemfontein Campus located in Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa Campus in the Free State. The University has 9 faculties that offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, including the Business School Faculty, Economic and Management Sciences Faculty, Education Faculty, Health Sciences Faculty, Humanities Faculty, Law Faculty, Natural | Agricultural Sciences Faculty, Open Distance Learning Faculty and Theology | Religion Faculty.
ABOUT THE UFS STAR OF STARS BURSARY COMPETITION
The University of the Free State (UFS) is inviting students from the Free State province to apply for the Star of Stars Competition, for the 2023 academic year.. The bursary competition will cover studies at UFS in 2022, in ANY field of study.
Students will be evaluated and selected based on 3 main categories: academic performance, leadership achievements, and community involvement. Recipients will receive prize money, personal development, and exposure.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the UFS Bursary: Star of Stars Competition.
MORE ABOUT THE UFS STAR OF STARS BURSARY COMPETITION – SELECTION
The bursary will be awarded based on 3 main criteria: academic performance, leadership achievements, and community involvement.
10 finalists will be selected after a thorough judging and evaluation process. The top 10 finalists will be announced at a prestigious gala dinner, in early February 2022. Top finalists must achieve a minimum AP score of 34 in their Matric final results.
Bursary awards will be paid in 2022 after the student has registered at the UFS. The bursary competition will allow for students to excel academically through personal development, counselling, and mentorship.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UFS STAR OF STARS BURSARY COMPETITION
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be currently in Matric in the 2023 academic year.
- You must be residing in one of these 5 districts in the Free State province: Fezile Dabi, Lejweleputswa, Motheo, Thabo Mofutsanyana and Xhariep
- You must be attending school in the Free State at a Quintile 1, 2 or 3 schools (Dinaledi school, township school or rural school) (quintile 1, 2 and 3 have been declared no-fee schools)
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have applied to study at the University of the Free State for the 2023 academic year., before the competition closing date (read how to apply to study at UFS)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UFS STAR OF STARS BURSARY COMPETITION
Download and complete the UFS Star of Stars Bursary Competition Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric March 2022 results (certified copy)
- Matric June 2022 results (certified copy)
- Grade 11 and Matric achievements (letters/ certificates or other documentary proof of provincial and national achievements – distinguish between your achievements in Grade 11 and Matric)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be chosen for the bursary competition (approximately 500 words) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for a bursary application)
Note: the application form must be stamped and signed by your school principal to confirm that all information on the application form is correct.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Star of Stars
Student Recruitment Services
PO Box 339
– Hand delivery:
Student Recruitment Services
Wekkie Saayman Building
c/o Rector and Graduandi Avenue
Applicants may contact the USF to confirm their application was received (Tel: 051 401 3000 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UFS STAR OF STARS BURSARY COMPETITION
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the University of the Free State (UFS) directly:
Contact person: Teli Mothabeng
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.