Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY
Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary 2024 | The Ubuhlebezwe Municipality (KZ5a5) is a Category B municipality, situated within the Harry Gwala District Municipality (DC43), in the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa. The Municipalities main economic sectors are agriculture, tourism and business.
Ubuhlebezwe, translated from isiZulu, means “The Beauty of the Land” – it is a place with beautiful scenery varying from rolling hills, green trees, wetlands as well as grasslands and thornvelds.
ABOUT THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Ubuhlebezwe Municipality is inviting students to apply for their Community bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Ubuhlebezwe Municipal area (KwaZulu-Natal), for studies within the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Finance Management / Accounting Studies
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Town Planning
MORE ABOUT THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and meals.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the Ubuhlebezwe Municipal area, in KwaZulu-Natal province
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2024
- You must be studying or accepted/ registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution (University) in South Africa
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies towards Municipal Priority Skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can be collected from the Municipality offices during working hours (Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 16:30).
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality bursary.
Note: the completed application form must be stamped by the Ward Councillor.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or smart ID card (certified copy)
- Matric Certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution, for the current academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Institutions fee structure and banking details (on institutions letterhead)
- Your personal contact details
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The Municipal Manager
Attention: Mr M.E Mkhize
P.O. Box 132
– Hand delivery:
29 Margaret Street
Note: please mark your application “Ubuhlebezwe Municipality Bursary 2024”
CLOSING DATES FOR THE UBUHLEBEZWE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
31 January 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Ubuhlebezwe Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr S Nkontwana
Tel: 039 201 0378
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here