Thungela Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – THUNGELA
Thungela Bursary South Africa | Thungela is a leading South African thermal coal exporter, which owns interests in seven mining operations that are among the highest quality thermal coal mines in South Africa by calorific value.
Thungela is a new name in the mining industry, formed when the South African thermal coal operations demerged from Anglo American. The company produces thermal coal, which they then export mainly to markets in India, Asia, SEA, the Middle East and North Africa.
ABOUT THE THUNGELA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Thungela is inviting students to apply for their Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to top-performing students, for studies within these fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mineral Surveying / Mining Surveying
- Mining Engineering
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE THUNGELA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying towards an undergraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study
- You must be studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be an Employment Equity candidate
- You must have an excellent academic record
- You must be in need of financial assistance
- You must require practical experience in your mining-related subjects
- You must be passionate about your area of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE THUNGELA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Thungela Bursary Application 2022
Please use the following promotional code when applying/ tracking your application: THUNGELA2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online bursary application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE THUNGELA BURSARY
21 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please get in touch with Career Wise (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 258 4464 / 0860 100 7787
Or fill in the contact form for CareerWise to get back to you: https://careerwise.co.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.