TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – TCTA
TCTA (Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024 | Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority (OR “TCTA” for short), situated in Centurion, is a state-owned entity for bulk water supply development. The company’s goal is to be a market leader in the supply of sustainable water and to facilitate water security (by the means of planning, financing and implementing the process of raw water infrastructure) in their region.
The company was first established in order to become a purpose vehicle to carry out the Lesotho Highlands Water Project. Services carried out by the company include Project Design, Project Management, Treasury Management, Knowledge Management, Debt Management, Bulk raw water infrastructure implementation, Structuring and raising Project Finance.
Some of TCTA’s flagship projects include the Lesotho Highlands Water Project; the Metsi Bophelo Borehole Project; the Vaal River Eastern Subsystem; the Olifants River Water Resources Development Project; Berg Water Project in Franschhoek; the Komati Water Scheme Augmentation Project; the Mooi-Mgeni Transfer Scheme; the Mokolo Dam and the Acid Mine Drainage.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
TCTA is offering 10 bursary awards to students from a previously disadvantaged background who have shown academic excellence and the desire to succeed in their chosen field.
Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority (TCTA) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to 10 academically deserving students, from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, for studies towards the following undergraduate degree qualifications:
- Economics / Financial Management / Treasury | Investment / Commercial / any related numerate degree (BCom) (2 bursaries will be awarded)
- Civil Engineering / Electrical Engineering (Controls | Instrumentation) / Mechanical Engineering / Chemical Engineering (BSc or BEng) (4 bursaries will be awarded)
- Environmental Science / Environmental Management / Environmental Law (BSc or BTech) (4 bursaries will be awarded)
MORE ABOUT THE TCTA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION PROCESS
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the TCTA Bursary.
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, learning tools, accommodation, meals and a monthly allowance for living expenses.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by TCTA and invited to attend an interview.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TCTA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under 35 years old
- You must have completed Matric with a tertiary institution entrance
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English, Science and Mathematics in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards one of the undergraduate degree qualifications listed above
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 65% for all major subjects if currently studying
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have a total household income of less than R350 000 per annum (before tax)
- You must NOT be receiving any other bursary or sponsorship funding
- It would be best if you were currently unemployed
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TCTA BURSARY
Download and complete the TCTA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.docx)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Motivational letter (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for a bursary application)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- A completed SARS Confirmation of Diagnosis of Disability (.pdf): if disabled
Note: shortlisted candidates will be required to submit additional supporting documents, which may include but are not limited to: certified copies of your ID document, matric certificate, proof of university registration and proof of household income.
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “TCTA Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TCTA BURSARY
5 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please get in touch with TCTA directly:
Contact Person: Nomvula Mhlambi
Tel: 012 683 1231
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.