South African Institute of Valuers (SAIV) Bursary 2021 – 2022
South African Institute of Valuers (SAIV) Bursary
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAIV
The South African Institute of Valuers (SAIV), established in 1909, is the society of professional real estate valuers in South Africa. The SAIV is committed to serving, advancing, and protecting the valuation profession, as well as protecting members interests by ensuring high ethical standards for members of the valuation profession.
ABOUT THE SAIV BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The South African Institute of Valuers (SAIV) is inviting students members to apply for their bursary programme for the 2022 academic year. Students who are studying towards a property valuation qualification (at undergraduate or postgraduate level), for a course accredited by the South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession (SACPVP), may apply.
The bursary will cover 1 academic year at a time and students are required to reapply for funding each year. Bursary recipients must submit their academic progress report after each exam, to the General Manager’s Office – funding for subsequent years will be based on satisfactory academic performance.
The value of the bursary will be determined by the candidates needs and the quotation received from the tertiary institution. Bursaries are paid directly in to the institutions account, for the credit of the students account.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAIV BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying towards a property valuation qualification
- You must have completed your 1st year of study and be entering your 2nd year of study in 2022 (postgraduate students may also apply)
- You must have completed valuation-related 1st-year subjects
- You must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution
- You must be a student member of The SA Institute of Valuers (read about student membership here – it is free for unemployed full-time students)
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursary award, grant, study allowance or donation
- You must be in need of financial assistance
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAIV BURSARY
Download and complete the SAIV Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutes letterhead)
- Quotation/ fee account for enrolled subjects (on institutes letterhead)
- Full academic progress report/ results from 2020 (on institutes letterhead)
- Subjects still outstanding after completing the 2021 academic year
- Candidate Valuer registration certificate
Applications must be submitted to the General Manager’s Office via email: email@example.com
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE SAIV BURSARY
1) After receiving applications, the General Manager’s Office will then submit all applications to the Branch Executive Members for review or comments
2) Branch Executive Members will then contact shortlisted candidates and invite them to attend an interview with The Chairman, Vice-Chairman and representative of the Membership and Education committees.
3) Feedback will then be given to the Branch Executive Members, who will then decide who will receive the bursary.
4) Approval (conditional or provisional) will be made by NATEX Education Committee, in November 2021.
5) Provisional approval will be then submitted to applicants, which is subject to results being submitted (with a pass mark) and the institute’s availability of funds.
6) Exam marks must be submitted to the Branch (via email or fax), which will then be forwarded to NATEX Education Committee, by no later than 14 January 2021.
7) The NATEX Educational Committee will then select final applicants by 21 January 2021, at the latest.
8) A formal letter will be submitted to the tertiary institution, informing them that the candidate has been awarded the bursary and the value of the bursary.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SAIV BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the South African Institute of Valuers (SAIV) directly:
Contact Person: Anne-Marie Delport (General Manager’s Assistant)
Tel: 012 348 2757 / 012 880 1376