South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) Bursary 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – SACAP
South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) Bursary 2024 | The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is the regulatory body for the architectural profession, within South Africa.
The SACAP is committed to guiding, facilitating and promoting a high standard of competency and responsibility in the architectural profession, as well as to increase public awareness of the range of architectural services offered.
The SACAP aims to maintain a high standard of education for architecture students at technikons and universities through the granting of professional certification.
ABOUT THE SACAP BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) is inviting students to apply for their Student Bursary award, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Architectural studies (undergraduate up to Honours level).
ABOUT THE SACAP BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 months of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SACAP Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SACAP BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards an Architecture qualification
- You must be entering your 2nd or later year of study (up to Honours), in 2024
- You must be studying at an accredited Architectural Learning institution in South Africa
- Students without a disability: you must have a total household income of NOT more than R350 000 per annum
- Students with a disability: you must have a total household income of NOT more than R600 000 per annum
- Preference will be given to candidates from designated groups
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SACAP BURSARY
Students who meet the above criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID Document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic results and full academic record (certified copy)
- Motivational letter explaining why you are applying for this bursary
- Parents, guardians or your own proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Parents, guardians or your own 3 months recent bank statements
- Medical note stating type of disability, if living with a disability
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted to the Manager: Education & Accreditation, in either of the following ways:
– Email: Mzwakhe.Hlatshwayo@sacapsa.com
(Insert the words “SACAP Bursary 2024” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
51 Wessel Road
PO Box 1500
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SACAP BURSARY
29 February 2024 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please the South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) directly:
View our other bursaries open for application here