SIOC Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SIOC-CDT
SIOC Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt) Bursary South Africa | The Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust (SIOC-CDT) was formed by Kumba Iron Ore Limited in the year 2006, in order to invest in developing the communities within which the company operates.
Since the bursary programme was implemented, SIOC-CDT has provided over 550 bursaries to deserving underprivileged students in its beneficiary communities, to complete their studies at higher education institutions across the country.
ABOUT THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The SIOC-CDT is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students in SIOC-CDT’s beneficiary communities, for studies in ALL fields, however, the following fields are prefered:
- Agriculture (specialisation: Agricultural economist / Agricultural engineer food technologist / Environmental officer / Food technician / Livestock product analyst / Veterinarian)
- Business Management and Economics (specialisation: Accounting / Actuarial Science / Auditing and Tax / Economics / Project Management / Statistics and mathematics)
- Education (specialisation: BEd. Foundation Phase / BEd.Natural Science / BEd. FET Mathematics / BEd. FET Physical Science / Economics and Management Science / BEd. Language / BEd. Special Needs)
- Engineering and Science (specialisation: Architecture / Civil Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Environmental health / Geology / Quantity Surveying / Town planning)
- Health and Clinical-related Sciences (specialisation: Advanced EMS / Biochemistry / Chemical, Biological, Medical Lab sciences / Dentistry / MBChB / Nursing / Pharmacy)
- Information Technology (specialisation: Computer Sciences and communication / Data Science or Analytics / Software Development / Web design and development)
- Law (specialisation: LLB)
- Tourism (specialisation: Arts and Culture Heritage / Ecotourism Management / Hospitality Management)
Note: students pursuing studies in other fields may also apply, however, students pursuing studies in the fields above will receive preference.
MORE ABOUT THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed study material, accommodation and a stipend each quarter. Students with disabilities will also receive assistive devices to enhance their learning.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and required to attend interviews. If you have not received any feedback by 1 March 2023, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SIOC-CDT Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under the age of 35 years old
- You must reside in or originate from a beneficiary area: Gamagara Local Municipality (Northern Cape), Ga-Segonyana Local Municipality (Northern Cape), Tsantsabane Local Municipality (Northern Cape), Joe Morolong Local Municipality (Northern Cape) or Thabazimbi Local Municipality (Limpopo)
- You must be currently in Matric in 2023 or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification, in one of the fields listed above (other fields not listed above may also be funded)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65%, in your most recent academic results
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised public institution (University/ University of Technology/ TVET/ FET College) in South Africa, in 2023
- You must be in need of financial assistance, with a household income of less than R600 000 per year
- Preference will be given to students with disabilities
- Preference will be given to undergraduate students
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY
Applications can be submitted in either of these ways:
1) Apply online at SIOC-CDT Bursary Application 2023
2) Download and complete the SIOC-CDT Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
3) Collect the application form at SIOC-CDT offices in Kathu or Thabazimbi Hub
4) Collect the application form at the nearest circuit office of the Department of Education
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SIOC-CDT bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric September results, if currently in Matric and certificate is not yet available (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric and available (certified copy)
- Most recent tertiary academic results/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a public tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application (1 page) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of residence (rates account/ statement of water and lights)
- A medical note explaining the type of disability, if applicable
If you are applying via the application form (not the online application), you must submit your application and documents to either of the following:
- SIOC-CDT Office Park: Cnr Hendrick Van Eck and Ian Flemming Roads, Kathu, 8446
- Thabazimbi Business Hub: 11 Jourdan Street, Mollies Building, Thabazimbi, 0380
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIOC-CDT BURSARY
13 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the SIOC Community Development Trust directly:
SIOC-CDT Contact Page
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.