SEDISA Trust Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
What is Bursary
SEDISA Trust Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024 | A Bursary is A grant, especially one awarded to someone to enable them to study at a university or college.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition of his/her work in a specific field of study).
About SEDISA Trust
SEDISA Trust was established in 2010 to help previously disadvantaged young women of colour by funding their tertiary education. The Trust also supports students to enhance their lives as young South African women.
The objective of the Trust is to help previously disadvantaged young women of colour to continue their tertiary education. The young women that the trust support would not have had a chance to study further without the Trust. Through the financial funding of these students, it will be made sure that they are able to obtain a tertiary qualification. This does not only help them with their studies but this will also help them support the trust holder’s family since the trust covers tuition, accommodation, and books expenses. The Trust also provides the grantees with an opportunity to improve their lives as young South African women. SEDISA Trust introduces motivations to the grantees that even though things may seem tough and difficult at times, giving up is not a solution, which is in line with the Trust’s quote: “No one knows what the future holds and your opportunity may just be around the corner.”
SEDISA Trust Bursaries
SEDISA Trust Bursary preference will be given to students who wish to continue a career in Quantity Surveying, Civil, Mechanical, and Industrial Engineering, and related fields of study. The Trust pays for tuition, accommodation, and book costs.
SEDISA Trust Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
The SEDISA Trust is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to Black female students, for studies within the following prefered fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- and other related fields of study
MORE ABOUT THE SEDISA BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | SELECTION
The bursary will provide coverage for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks and accommodation.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend an interview with the SEDISA Trustee members. If you have not received any feedback regarding your application within 2 weeks of submission, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SEDISA Trust Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SEDISA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a female
- You must be Black (in terms of the BBBEE codes)
- You must be currently in Matric in 2022 or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a tertiary qualification in 2022, preferably within one of the fields listed above
- You must be registered to study at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be financially disadvantaged
- You must have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SEDISA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; SEDISA Trust Bursary Application 2022
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SEDISA Trust Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most recent academic transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on institutions letterhead)
- Fee statement from your tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- List of study-related costs (tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation etc) (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary and how it will make a difference in your life (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- Curriculum Vitae
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SEDISA BURSARY
15 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SEDISA directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.