SAIBPP Bursary 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAIBPP
The South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners (SAIBPP), formed in 1996, is a South African-based non-profit organisation that aims to assist in the facilitation of transformation of the property sector and to ensure that people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are actively involved in transforming the property industry.
SAIBPP has created numerous programmes to help address the causes of low participation of black people within the South African commercial property sector – the special focus is placed on skills development, enterprise development, and policy formation.
ABOUT THE SAIBPP BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners (SAIBPP) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for Degree studies towards commercial property-related qualifications, including the following:
- Finance (majoring in Property Valuation and Management) (BCom)
- Property Development (BSc)
- Property Studies (BSc)
- Property Management (BSc)
- Property Valuation and Management (BCom)
- Property Valuation and Management (BCom Honours)
- Real Estate (BSc)
- Real Estate (National Diploma)
The SAIBPP Bursary Fund was established with the aim of providing funding for students in financial need, to pursue their full-time studies in property or related studies.
MORE ABOUT THE SAIBPP BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
Bursary recipients will be selected based on 2 main criteria: financial need and academic potential.
The bursary will provide full coverage for study-related expenses and accommodation.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the SAIBPP Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SAIBPP BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of these public institutions: the University of Johannesburg, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Pretoria, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Cape Town, Cape Peninsula University of Technology or Tshwane University of Technology
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
- You must be willing to become a student member of SAIBPP and engage in community outreach
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SAIBPP BURSARY
Download and complete the SAIBPP Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the SAIBPP bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results and Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Grade 12 (certified copy)
- 2022 final results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Latest results, if not studying this year (certified copy)
- Final results or progress report of all subjects, if examinations were not written (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant or pension if applicable)
- 2 testimonials (1 from an educational official and 1 from a community leader or personal associate)
- Motivational essay to support your application (see page 9 of the application form – maximum 500 words) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SAIBPP Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SAIBPP BURSARY
15 December 2022 (at 23:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SAIBPP directly:
Tel: 011 838 6700
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.