SAIBPP Bursary 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SAIBPP
The South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners (SAIBPP), formed in 1996, is a South African-based non-profit organisation which aims to assist in the facilitation of transformation of the property sector, and to ensuring that people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are actively involved within the transforming the property industry.
SAIBPP have created numerous programmes to help address the causes of low participation of black people within the South African commercial property sector – special focus is placed on skills development, enterprise development, and policy formation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The South African Institute of Black Property Practitioners (SAIBPP) will be awarding bursaries for studies within commerical property related qualifications, specifically the following:
- Property Studies (BSc)
- Property Development (BSc)
- Property Management (BSc)
- Real Estate (BSc)
- Real Estate (National Diploma)
- Finance (BCom) (majoring in Property Valuation and Management)
- Property Valuation and Management (BCom)
- Property Valuation and Management (BCom Honours)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide full coverage for registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation in student residence or an approved out of residence accommodation allowance, allowance for prescribed textbooks. Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time, and can be conditionally renewed up to 4 years.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback by SAIBPP, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the below-mentioned tertiary institutions
- Strong academic potential
- Proven financial need
Studies must be completed at one of the following institutions:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of Pretoria
- University of KwaZulu Natal
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Any other accredited tertiary institution in South Africa, which offers the above degree qualifications
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed: certified copy/ affidavit if unemployed)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “SAIBPP Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
15 December 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SAIBPP directly:
Tel: 011 838 6700
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com