Pyrotec Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – PYROTEC
Pyrotec Bursary South Africa; Pyrotec, established in 1966, is a South African privately-owned company that supplies product identification solutions. The company has over 50 years of experience in its field, passed down from fathers to sons.
The company currently has 2 brands – Pyrotec PackMark which provides a wide range of labelling, coding, print and applying labelling equipment and consumables. And Pyrotec PackMedia which creates and manufactures cutting edge promotional and informational booklet labels.
Headquartered in Cape Town, the company also has centres across the Western Cape, Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal, Gauteng and the Eastern Cape, as well as distributors in Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and also covers Namibia, Swaziland, Mozambique and Lesotho.
ABOUT THE PYROTEC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
- Architecture, Town Planning and Surveying
- Business, Management and Economics
- Health and related Clinical studies
- Human Resources
- Information Technology and Communication
- Media, Art, Literature, Design and Graphic Design/ DTP
- Natural Science and Social Science
- Quality and Regulatory studies
- Sales, Marketing and related fields
- Sports and Fitness
ABOUT THE PYROTEC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide fully comprehensive cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks (to the maximum value of R5 000 per annum), accommodation is university residence or private accommodation (if your permanent residence is not within the city you are studying in) and transport.
Tuition and registration fee payments will be made directly to the institution, whereas the textbook allowance will be paid directly to students. Bursary payments are made once each year.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work for Pyrotec – the employment duration will be equal to the duration of bursary funding received.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 8 weeks of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback within 8 weeks, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PYROTEC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be an AA/EE candidate
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must have registered to study or be currently studying at a University in South Africa
- You must have a genuine interest in your field of study
- Preference will be given to 1st-year students with a minimum overall average of 70%
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PYROTEC BURSARY
Download and complete the Pyrotec Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Completed Pyrotec Bursary Application Form (above)
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary (1 page)
- Matric certificate or highest level of education completed (certified copy)
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of address (if applying for the transport allowance)
- Proof of University registration or acceptance (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of estimated study costs or invoices (including expenses for tuition, textbooks, accommodation, travelling – previous years quotes will be accepted)
Note: all documents must be compiled into 1 single pdf document, in the order listed above – applications submitted in jpeg or word will NOT be accepted.
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the word “BURS2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE PYROTEC BURSARY
3 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Pyrotec directly:
Tel: 021 787 9600