Northam Booysendal Platinum Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NORTHAM
Northam Booysendal Platinum Bursary South Africa | Northam Platinum Limited is a JSE-listed company and independent integrated platinum group metal (PGM) producer, headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa. The company has 2 main mines in South Africa – the Zondereinde mine in Limpopo and the Booysendal mine in Mpumalanga. The company also operates metallurgical operations at the Zondereinde mine, which include a smelter and base metals removal plant.
Booysendal Platinum, a subsidiary of Northam Platinum Limited, is located near the towns of Mashishing; Roossenekal and Steelpoort and is bordered by 2 provinces – Mpumalanga and Limpopo.
ABOUT THE NORTHAM BOOYSENDAL PLATINUM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Northam Booysendal Platinum Mine is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Geology (1 bursary to be awarded)
- Human Resources (1 bursary to be awarded)
- Metallurgy (2 bursaries to be awarded)
- Mining Engineering (6 bursaries to be awarded)
- Mining Survey (1 bursary to be awarded)
https://zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Northam Booysendal Platinum Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE NORTHAM BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work full-time for the company – the employment duration will be equal to the number of years of funding received.
Bursaries awarded to current Matric students will be subject to the outcome of the final Matric exams.
Booysendal Platinum is an equal employment opportunity employer and therefore reserves the right to select candidates in line with the Employment Equity Policy.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 3 weeks of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NORTHAM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must have passed Mathematics and Science in Matric (for technical positions only)
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the aforementioned fields
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have passed all subjects in 2nd term exams, if currently in Matric
- You must have passed all 1st-year subjects, if currently in your second or later year of study
- You must be hard-working and self-motivated
- Preference will be given to students residing within the local community (Mashishing, Roossenekal and Steelpoort), however, students from other areas may still apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NORTHAM BOOYSENDAL PLATINUM BURSARY
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration, if available (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Full and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (with a community stamp)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of the above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: HRapplicationsBD@norplats.co.za
(Insert the words “BURSARIES (REF: BDHR42/22)” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NORTHAM BURSARY
16 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE NORTHAM BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Northam directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.