Netflix Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NETFLIX | TSI
Netflix Scholarship South Africa; Netflix is the top global streaming entertainment service, providing viewers with a range of TV series, documentaries and feature films, in many genres and languages. The streaming service currently has more than 209 million paid members, in over 190 countries. Viewers can watch anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
Tshikululu Social Investments is the leading social investment fund manager and advisor in South Africa, who work with investors and development partners, in order to achieve sustainable social impact.
ABOUT THE NETFLIX SCHOLARSHIP – FIELDS COVERED
Netflix is inviting students to apply for their Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF), for the 2023 academic year.. Netflix has partnered with Tshikululu Social Investments, a social investment fund management that will be responsible for administering the scholarship process.
The bursary will be awarded for studies towards Film and Television-focused disciplines, for 1 year of study (final year of undergraduate study or 1 year of postgraduate study), at partner higher educational institutions.
Netflix has committed to awarding US$1 million (approximately R15 million) through their Creative Equity Scholarship Fund (CESF), which will provide financial support to African creatives within the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region. The CESF will allow students to complete their tertiary education in film and TV-focused disciplines.
MORE ABOUT THE NETFLIX SCHOLARSHIP – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The scholarship will provide full cover for the following study-related expenses tuition fees, accommodation, study materials and living expenses: The total value of the scholarship will be determined based on students needs.
Applicants will partake in initial screening and vetting – successful candidates they will be passed on to the Selection Committee who will then make the final decision.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Netflix Scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NETFLIX SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a citizen of one of these SADC countries: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia or Zimbabwe
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a Film or television-related qualification
- You must be entering your final year of undergraduate study or first year of postgraduate study, in 2022
- You must have completed your undergraduate studies between 2019 and 2022 if entering postgraduate studies in 2022
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%, for all studies completed to date
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of these approved institutions:
- AACA Film and Acting School
- Boston Media House
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- City Varsity
- Durban University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Witwatersrand
- You must have proven financial need
- You must NOT be in receipt of any other bursaries or financial aid
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NETFLIX SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at Netflix Scholarship Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Current undergraduate students: full academic record including most recent results (on university letterhead)
- Students who have completed an undergraduate degree: official transcript of results (on university letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance and/or registration at one of the above eligible tertiary institutions
- Additional documents that will strengthen your application (optional)
- Essay 1: about yourself, your family and your background (maximum 500 words)
- Essay 2: why you want to study your selected programme, and how you see your qualification furthering your career (maximum 500 words)
- Essay 3: why should you be selected for the Netflix scholarship (maximum 500 words)
Note: all documents will undergo a verification and vetting process.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NETFLIX SCHOLARSHIP
4 February 2022 (at 23:59).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE PROGRAMME PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact Tshikululu Social Investments (Netflix scholarship administrators) directly:
Tel: 011 544 0300
COMPUTER SCIENCE | IT BURSARIES
CONSTRUCTION | BUILT ENVIRONMENT BURSARIES
UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA | UNIVERSITY-SPECIFIC BURSARIES
CLICK HERE FOR THE LATEST BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or Sms If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications For 2022
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024
Click Here Details On NSFAS, National Student Financial Aid Scheme
See Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round
See Also: South African Bursaries January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December