Lephalale Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LEPHALALE MUNICIPALITY
Lephalale Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025The Lephalale Local Municipality is situated within the Limpopo province of South Africa and is one of the fastest-growing towns in the province, owing to the presence of natural coal reserves and great industrial expansion projects initiated by mainly coal mining processing and electricity generation.
The Lephalale Local Municipality is committed to rural development, provision of quality, sustainability and affordability, financial viability and good governance, local economic development and job creation.
ABOUT THE LEPHALALE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Lephalale Local Municipality is inviting students residing within the Lephalale Local Municipality, to apply for the Mayoral Bursary Fund for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries are available for undergraduate studies within these fields:
- Financial studies
- Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Town and Regional Planning
- Other scarce skills
MORE ABOUT THE LEPHALALE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The bursary will also provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation and meals. Needy students will also receive coverage for their prescribed books.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Lephalale Local Municipality Bursary.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to partake in compulsory Psychometric assessments and attend interviews before the final selection is made. Candidates will also undergo a mean test, whereby students home will be visited to determine financial needs.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LEPHALALE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying for this bursary (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must reside within the Lephalale Local Municipality, Limpopo province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have a consistently strong academic record
- Your parents or guardians must be unemployed or classified as indigent
- Preference will be given to students who have passed Mathematics, Commerce, Physical Science and Technology as main subjects
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LEPHALALE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Lephalale Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Application forms can also be collected from the Civic Centre office or libraries.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- The most recent statement of results (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary acceptance and admission, if available (or to be submitted as soon as received)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or income statement if employed, affidavit if unemployed
- Proof of residence
- Motivational letter to support your application
- Curriculum Vitae, if currently studying
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
The Municipal Manager
Private Bag X 136
– Hand delivery:
Corner Joe Slovo | Douwater Avenue
CLOSING DATE FOR THE LEPHALALE MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
28 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Lephalale Municipality directly:
Contact person: Thomas Seodisa
Tel: 014 762 1434
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.