Jones & Wagener Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – JONES & WAGENER
Jones & Wagener Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023 | Jones & Wagener, founded in 1966, is a professional consulting engineering and science firm located in South Africa. J&W service offerings include Engineering Hydrology; Environmental Engineering; Structural Engineering; Geotechnical Engineering; Mining Infrastructure; Environmental Sciences & Management and Waste & Tailings.
The company pride itself on designing, developing and implementing cost-effective, environmentally friendly, yet practical and innovative solutions.
ABOUT THE JONES & WAGENER BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
- Civil Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Environmental (BEng or BSc)
- Geochemistry (BEng or BSc)
- Geology (BEng or BSc)
MORE ABOUT THE JONES & WAGENER BURSARY PROGRAMME – SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees (as a minimum), but may also provide cover for accommodation and offer a limited prescribed textbooks allowance.
After graduating, bursary recipients will be required to work at Jones & Wagener for a duration equal to that of their bursary award. During their studies, students may also be required to partake in vacation work in Centurion or Rivonia – this will take place over a 6 week period in July and/or December and students will receive remuneration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by no later than 31 October 2022 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JONES & WAGENER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric OR you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying OR you must intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2023
- You must be studying OR you must intend on studying at a recognised and accredited University in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 75% for Physical Science in Matric
- You must have proven financial need
- Preference will be given to students who reflect the Black Economic Empowerment
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE JONES & WAGENER BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Jones & Wagener Bursary Application 2022
After completing the application form, applicants must upload the following supporting documents here (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (copy only)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Recent colour photograph (headshot)
- Matric latest results/ Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (copy only)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (copy only)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently studying (copy only)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE JONES & WAGENER BURSARY
31 July 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Jones & Wagener directly:
Tel: 011 519 0200
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.