Investec Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – INVESTEC
Investec Bursary South Africa | Investec is a distinctive bank and wealth manager that provides a range of financial products and services to individuals, businesses, corporates & institutions and intermediaries, to clients in Europe, Southern Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
The Anglo-South African international banking and wealth management group is dual-listed, on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
ABOUT THE INVESTEC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & SELECTION
Investec is inviting students to apply for their Investec CSI Bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within fields that are relevant to the financial services sector, including:
- Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Information Science (BIS)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Business Science
- Commerce (including; Accounting, Business Economics, Economics, Finance, and Investments)
- Commercial LLB
- Computer Science (B Sc)
- Informatics (B Com)
- Information Technology (B Sc)
- Medicine Degrees (MBCHB)
MORE ABOUT THE INVESTEC BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
The Investec bursary provides full cover for all study-related expenses.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Investec Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INVESTEC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or in your first year of university study
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduate degree, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa (the bursary does not cover studies at private tertiary institutions)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 50% for all subjects in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (not Mathematics Literacy) in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for English FAL or 65% for English HL in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for your first-semester examination if currently studying at a university
- Actuarial Science applicants: you must be in your first year of study (unless you are studying towards a Business Science degree at UCT)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INVESTEC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Investec Bursary Application 2023
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Mid-year academic results/ transcripts, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of university acceptance/registration (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips or letter from employer if employed, latest financial statements if self-employed, affidavit if unemployed) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ death certificates, if deceased (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians divorce certificate, if divorced (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians sworn statement, if separated (certified copy)
- Signed consent form (.docx)
- Profile picture
- Proof of address (certified copy)
- Essay (answering the following: description of your personal background and family circumstances, description of all your achievements and leadership positions, your personal strengths and weaknesses, how your chosen study programme relates to your talents; interests and envisaged career, your personal statement to headline your application profile)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE INVESTEC BURSARY
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 403 1632
Mobile: 087 511 3373
Contact page: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.