Investec Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – INVESTEC
Investec Bursary South Africa | Investec is a distinctive bank and wealth manager that provides a range of financial products and services to individuals, businesses, corporates | institutions and intermediaries, to clients in Europe, Southern Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
The Anglo-South African international banking and wealth management group is dual-listed, on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
ABOUT THE INVESTEC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | SELECTION
Investec is inviting students to apply for their Investec CSI Bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within fields that are relevant to the financial services sector, including:
- Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Information Science (BIS)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)
- Business Science
- Commerce (including: Accounting, Business Economics, Economics, Finance, Investments)
- Commercial LLB
- Computer Science (B Sc)
- Informatics (B Com)
- Information Technology (B Sc)
- Medicine Degrees (MBCHB)
Through the bursary programme, Investec aims to create well-rounded individuals, who are academically qualified, work ready, socially conscious, economic participants positively contribute to society.
MORE ABOUT THE INVESTEC BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
The Investec bursary provides full cover for all study-related expenses.
Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main criteria: financial need and academic potential.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Investec Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE INVESTEC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or in your first year of university study
- You must be studying or intend on studying full time towards an undergraduate degree, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited public university in South Africa (the bursary does not cover studies at private tertiary institutions)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (not Mathematics Literacy) in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for English FAL or 65% for English HL in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 50% for all other subjects in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for your first semester examination, if currently studying at university
- Actuarial Science applicants: you must be in your first year of study (unless you are studying towards a Business Science degree at UCT)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INVESTEC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at: Investec Bursary Application 2024
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Investec bursary.
Applicants must read the Study Trust Bursary Applications Page before applying.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- 2023 mid-year (first semester) results or a progress report (or latest results if not studying this year)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of parents or guardians household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ affidavit stating annual income if self-employed/ most recent audited financial statement or 3 months’ most recent bank statements if they own a business/ SASSA letter stating the grants received if applicable)
- Parents death certificates if deceased
- Divorce certificate if your parents are divorced/ sworn statement from one parent if your parents are separated
CLOSING DATE FOR THE INVESTEC BURSARY
30 September 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to these bursary programmes, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 403 1632
Please do NOT contact Canon Collins if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.