How NSFAS Work At Unisa
How NSFAS Work At Unisa | Unisa students who are registered for ten modules or more are also allocated an incidental allowance of R290 per month from February to November each year. Payable to all NSFAS Qualifying Bursary Students who qualify for the College Accommodation Scheme. R 2 020.
Your NSFAS application will not be considered if you
- already had NSFAS funding in 2021.
- have already completed an undergraduate degree/diploma.
- are not a South African citizen.
- need funding for a short learning certificate or programme.
- need funding for a postgraduate qualification, with an exception of the following qualifications:
- BTech – Architecture / Architectural Technology
- BTech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- BTech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- BTech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- BTech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
If your NSFAS application is rejected, you may appeal during the prescribed appeal application period only. Application process details will be provided shortly. New applicants must appeal directly with NSFAS: www.nsfas.org.za
- All NSFAS-funded students who pay the minimum registration amount to activate their registration will be refunded once NSFAS has confirmed successful processing of registration data to Unisa.
- An application for a refund is not necessary. Refunds will be paid to the student’s bank account.
Please visit the Unisa registration website for the registration dates: www.unisa.ac.za/register
- Returning NSFAS students who were funded in 2020 but have not yet completed their qualification: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation for the 2023 academic year..
- Returning NSFAS students who received funding in 2020, have been declined for funding in 2022 and have appealed the decision: Please pay the minimum registration fee while you wait for the NSFAS appeal decision if you chose to do so.
- First-time NSFAS applicants: Please ensure that you are temporarily registered during Unisa’s registration period while waiting for NSFAS funding confirmation. If your NSFAS application is declined or delayed by the close of the registration period, you will be expected to find alternative funding before your registration will be activated.
If your NSFAS application is provisionally approved, you do not need to pay the minimum registration fee. Your registration will be automatically activated based on NSFAS funding confirmation received by Unisa.
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.
What do I need to apply for the NSFAS bursary?
Click Here for All Bursaries and Nsfas Details
How To Reset Your NSFAS Username?
What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
Do You Receive An Email Or Sms If You Have Been Funded By NSFAS?
How To Appeal A NSFAS Rejection?
What You Will Need To Receive Your NSFAS Allowances Via NSFAS Wallet?
NSFAS CLOSING SOON: How to Apply Online
NSFAS Online Bursary Applications For 2021
How Do You Check If NSFAS Has Funded You?
NSFAS Approves 300 000 Funding Applications
NSFAS Bursaries – Your Questions Answered
NSFAS Bursaries For Students With Disabilities 2023 – 2024