Hessequa Local Municipality Bursary 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – HESSEQUA MUNICIPALITY
Hessequa Local Municipality (previously known as the Langeberg Local Municipality), is a municipality situated in the Western Cape Province, which includes the surrounding towns of Albertinia, Gouritsmond, Heidelberg, Riversdale, Slangrivier, Stilbaai and Witsand.
The name “Hessequa” comes from the meaning Xhosa language, meaning “people of the trees”, which refers to the tribe of indigenous Khoikhoi people.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMMES – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The Hessequa Local Municipality will be awarding bursaries for studies within the following fields:
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
Bursaries will be allocated for 1 year of study.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback 30 working days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Hessequa Municipal area
- Between 17 and 35 years old
- Completed Matric or currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying towards a 3 Year Degree, within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Registered to study at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Good academic record
- Desire to uplift and change the community for the better
- In financial need (unable to afford to study towards a degree)
- Students with disabilities and from historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply
- NOT in receipt of another bursary award
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARIES
Download and complete the Hessequa Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on institution’s letterhead)
- Proof of residential address (recent municipal account)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed etc)
- Proof of disability if applicable (letter from a medical doctor confirming permanent disability)
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
PO Box 29
(Please note: if you choose to post your application, ensure that you submit well in advance of the deadline so that your application is received BEFORE the closing date).
2) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Hessequa Municipality Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
30 September 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Hessequa Local Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Leslie-Anne Boer
Tel: 028 713 7975