Greater Letaba Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – GREATER LETABA MUNICIPALITY
Greater Letaba Municipality Bursary South Africa 2024 | The Greater Letaba Municipality, located in Limpopo, is a Category B Local Municipality. It is the smallest of five municipalities within the district, housing 130 rural villages. The Municipality is known for its contrasts, such as varied topography, population density variances, and a diversity of vegetation.
The Municipality also has a number of natural resources, nature reserves, tourist attractions and proximity to various economic activities.
ABOUT THE GREATER LETABA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Greater Letaba Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the Greater Letaba Municipal area (Limpopo), for undergraduate studies within the following fields:
- Agricultural Science
- Engineering and Built Environment
- Information Technology
Through this bursary programme, the Greater Letaba Municipality aims to uphold its commitment to supporting education and addressing the skills gap within the country.
MORE ABOUT THE GREATER LETABA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – PAYMENT, SELECTION & AGREEMENT
The bursary award will cover all expenses that occur during the period of the bursary agreement between the student and the Greater Letaba Municipality. The payment of the bursary funds will be made directly to the candidate’s tertiary institution.
Bursaries will be awarded based on 2 main factors: merit and financial need.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Greater Letaba Municipality Bursary.
Successful candidates will be required to sign a bursary agreement with the Municipality.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GREATER LETABA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must reside within the Greater Letaba Municipality, in Limpopo province
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards an undergraduate qualification within one of the fields of study listed above
- You must be studying or have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited University, Technikon, or FET institution in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be in financial need
- Students living with disabilities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GREATER LETABA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Greater Letaba Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms can also be connected from municipal sub-offices in the following locations: Modjadjiskloof (main office), Kgapane, Mokwakwaila, and Senwamokgope.
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Greater Letaba Municipality bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed bursary application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ final results (certified copy)
- 2023 academic results/ transcripts, if currently studying
- Most recent examination results
- Proof of admission at a tertiary institution
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of SASSA grant or pension if applicable)
- Parent or guardians proof of joint annual income (sworn affidavit)
- Proof of residence
- Testimonial from a previous school/ higher learning institution/ Traditional Authority
- Motivational letter stating why you deserve the award (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Applications may be submitted in either of the following ways:
- Post: Mayor’s Office, Greater Letaba Municipality, Box 36, Modjadjiskloof, 0835
- Hand delivery: 44 Botha street, Civic Centre, Modjadjiskloof, 0835
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GREATER LETABA MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
2 February 2024 (at 16:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Greater Letaba Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Rabothata Eric
Tel: 015 309 9246 / 015 309 9247 / 015 309 9248
View our other bursaries open for application here