Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GERT-JOHAN COETZEE
South African fashion designer, Gert-Johan Coetzee, specialises in red carpet gowns and wedding gowns and is a big name in the fashion industry. Coetzee has dressed many international and local celebrities for red-carpet events, including the likes of Kourtney Kardashian, Kristen Cavallari, Liezel van der Westhuizen, and Bonang Matheba, Basetsana Khumalu, Sashi Naidoo, Tatum Keshwar, Louise Carver, Noeleen, Cindy Nell and many more.
ABOUT THE GERT-JOHAN COETZEE BURSARY PROGRAMMES – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Gert-Johan Coetzee, partnered with the North West School of Design, is inviting students to apply for the Fashion Design bursary, for the 2023 academic year.
The bursary is aimed at students who would like to study Fashion Design at the North West School of Design in Klerksdorp. Students will acquire a broad spectrum of knowledge, including fashion illustration, apparel construction, pattern drafting and manipulation and computer-aided design, as well as fashion retail.
The bursary theme is “Style Tribes: Subcultures”, which means that “in any organised society, people often lean to a specific style or tribe or subculture. A fashion subculture is a group of individuals that dress in a distinctive style to show their place in fashion society.”
MORE ABOUT THE GERT-JOHAN COETZEE BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED & OBLIGATIONS
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: 3 years of tuition fees at the North West School of Design and a Bernette – Chicago 5 sewing machine, sponsored by Bernina RSA. The total value of the bursary is over R187 000. (The bursary will NOT provide cover for accommodation, transport, and meals).
Bursary recipients will be required to complete at least 2 internship programmes each year at the Gert Johan Coetzee studios, during holidays.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GERT-JOHAN COETZEE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must intend on studying full-time towards a 3-year Fashion Design course at the North West School of Design in Klerksdorp
- You must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You must have a good attitude with dedication, passion and drive
- You must have a natural fashion instinct
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE GERT-JOHAN COETZEE BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Gert-Johan Coetzee Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document or both sides of ID card (certified copy)
- Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- 2 Fashion Designs based on any style tribe including fashion sketches (A4 size, full colour, maximum 5 MB each)
- Mood Board with a collage showing which subcultures and aesthetics inspired your designs (maximum 5 MB)
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE GERT-JOHAN COETZEE BURSARY PROGRAMME
The selection process will include the following steps:
1) Semi-finalists will be selected by Gert-Johan Coetzee and will be contacted via telephone by Charles Oosthuizen from the NWSD, by no later than 26 September 2022.
2) Semi-finalists will be required to complete an assignment and submit it by no later than 10 October 2022.
3) Finalists will be announced on 15 October 2022 and required to travel to Klerksdorp for the Platinum Fashion Festival of North West School of Design.
4) The winner of the bursary will be announced on 5 November 2022.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE GERT-JOHAN COETZEE BURSARY
23 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the North West School of Design directly:
Tel: 018 462 5149
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.