Gauteng City Region Academy Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020
About Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education that aims to promote skills development in Gauteng. This is done through the establishment of learnerships, internships, bursaries and career guidance programmes. The Gauteng youth, business sectors and Gauteng government employees are the major beneficiaries of the GCRA.
The GCRA has developed an Unemployment database in order to identify participants for development programs. The employment opportunities will come from Gauteng Provincial Government departments, municipalities, government agencies and the private sectors. Interviews, as well as other application procedures and results, will be used as a basis for program selection.
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is inviting all qualified applicants who are residents of Gauteng as well as unemployed students to apply for its bursary program by registering on the GCRA Database. GCRA bursary covers registration fees, tuition fees and academic books to any recognized Higher Education Institution (HEI) or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College.
Should the academic expenses exceed the GCRA maximum bursary amount, bursary holders are encouraged to apply to other additional sponsorship. GCRA bursaries holder will also be required to render 40 hours of community service from their 1st year of study until graduation.
GCRA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizenship
- Top 3 Grade 12 learners from all government schools in Gauteng
- Have completed Grade 09 – 12 and students in technical schools who want to pursue vocational studies at a Gauteng TVET Public Colleges.
- Ages 16 – 35 years old
- Registered at an institution for postgraduate studies
How to Apply and Application Details
- GCRA bursary online application is available for the applicants. To do so, register a profile on the GCRA website job center section.
- Prepare the following document to accompany your application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 / highest qualification results
- Proof of residence
- Acceptance letter from the Institution
Gauteng City Region Academy bursary fund’s closing date is not confirmed yet.
Since this bursary does not have an appointed time of closing date. Bursaries applications can be submitted throughout the year.
Address: 17 Diagonal Street, Old JSE Building 5th Floor, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2113
Tel: +27 11 556 9000