Gauteng City-Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – GCRA
The Gauteng City-Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education, a sector of the South African government which is responsible for skill development within Province. The GCRA helps develop skills of students within the province, by way of facilitation and coordination of bursaries, internships, learnerships and career guidance programmes.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Gauteng City-Region Academy (GCRA) will be awarding bursaries to students who reside within the Gauteng province, for any field of study.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and prescribed textbooks up to a certain amount.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric or currently in Matric
- Currently unemployed
- Reside within Gauteng province
- Studying or have been accepted to study full-time at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution (excluding UNISA and part-time studies)
- *Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged communities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at http://gcra.gautengfunding.co.za/
You will be required to register an account (https://gcra.gautengfunding.co.za/public/student-register) before you can log in and apply (https://gcra.gautengfunding.co.za/public/login)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a recognised university (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of residence
12 October 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Gauteng City-Region Academy directly:
Tel: 011 556 9000
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Address: 5th Floor, 17 Diagonal St, Newtown, Johannesburg, 2113