Flywire Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – FLYWIRE
Flywire Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024 | The Flywire Charitable Foundation aims to increase accessibility to high-quality healthcare and education. In doing this, they aim to create a society that is inclusive, and equitable, as well as a society that allows individuals to gain new experiences across the world, regardless of their background. Flywire’s vision is to create a future where all have equal access to the resources they need to further enhance their outcomes, regardless of their gender, race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. Flywire believes that to achieve this, they have to start with closing the affordability gap for many who seek access to high-quality education, healthcare, and other essential life experiences.
Flywire’s vision and mission are made up of 3 main pillars:
1) Equality: They aim to create a society that is inclusive and do this by supporting initiates that reduce social injustices
2) Access: They aim to ensure that all nations in the world and all people have access to the same healthcare, educational, and cultural opportunities
3) Affordability: They aim to reduce the affordability gap that many faces regarding education and healthcare
ABOUT THE FLYWIRE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The Flywire Charitable Foundation is inviting students to apply for their Academic Scholarship for the 2023 academic year.. The scholarship will cover undergraduate and postgraduate studies, in ANY major, for studies in any country.
Flywire will be awarding 8 scholarships, to the value of $5 000 USD each, across the following themes:
- Social Justice: This is regarding issues such as anti-LGBTQ+ legislation, policing, sexism, religious persecution, sexual violence, racism and other issues. These issues dominated the world news this past year with the need for a significant social justice reform increasing. The purpose of scholarships for Social Justice is to equip future leaders who aim to work towards a society where racism, systemic biases, violence, and other acts of intolerance are abolished.
- Global Health: Owing to the pandemic, many communities around the world are in need of innovative approaches to improve global health and overcome challenges. The purpose of scholarships for Global Heath is to aid candidates who have a drive and commitment to better the health and quality of life of people across the world.
- Global Citizenship: The pandemic has taught humanity the importance of uplifting society whilst also addressing social, environmental, political, and economic issues. Global citizenship focuses on the many challenges we have in our society, from climate change and sustainability to income inequality. The purpose of scholarships for Global Citizenship is to aid individuals who embody and represent what it is to be a global citizen to make a positive impact on all aspects of society, from small communities to countries.
- Environmental Sustainability: Planet Earth is in danger of ongoing threats to environmental health which continue to endanger the livelihood of all who live on this planet. The purpose of scholarships for Environmental Sustainability is to provide assistance to students who are actively fighting climate change and other risks to our planet in order to create a more sustainable environment for all future generations.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Flywire Scholarship.
ABOUT THE FLYWIRE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – SELECTION
A selected group of Flywire Charitable Foundation members and global employees will review each application and base their selection on the following criteria:
- Adherence to Prompt: Does the applicant meet all the requirements and address all the questions clearly? Do they demonstrate how their studies and the selected scholarship relate?
- Persistence: Does the applicant give a clear overview of their personality, values, and interest whilst also showing determination and resilience when faced with challenges?
- Leadership: Does the candidate describe their goals (academic, personal, and/or career) and indicate how their educational goals will aid in achieving them?
Scholarship winners will be notified by 25 July 2022, via the email address provided on their application. The scholarship award will be paid directly to the institution shortly thereafter.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FLYWIRE SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying for an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification
- You must be studying for any major
- You must NOT be related to Flywire employees (former or existing), officers, or companies that Flywire engages in business with
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FLYWIRE SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online at; Flywire Scholarship Application 2022
Be sure to indicate which scholarship you are applying to (Social Justice, Global Heath, Global Citizenship or Environmental Sustainability) – you may only apply to 1 category.
Applicants will be required to submit a comprehensive essay as part of their application, on the following topics:
- About yourself, what you are studying, and which university you are enrolled at
- What obstacles you have overcome to pursue your studies
- What your hopes and dreams are to achieve with your education, and how does it tie in with the theme of the scholarship you have chosen
- The essay must be 1 typed page, in 12-point standard style font, with a 1-inch margin.
- The essay must be in PDF format.
- The essay must be submitted in English.
CLOSING DATES FOR THE FLYWIRE SCHOLARSHIP
18 June 2022 at 17:59 (GMT+2 – South African time zone).
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Flywire Charitable Foundation directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.