East Rand Water Care Company ERWAT Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ERWAT
East Rand Water Care Company ERWAT Bursary South Africa. East Rand Water Care Company (ERWAT), established in 1992, provides bulk wastewater conveyance and treatment to thousands of industries and over 3 million people in South Africa. The company operates 19 wastewater treatment works that releases domestic and industrial wastewater.
ERWAT serves the public and private sectors and aims to improve the environment and well-being of citizens, by providing sustainable water care and resource recovery.
ABOUT THE ERWAT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The East Rand Water Care Company (ERWAT) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
- Analytical Chemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology
- Chemical Engineering / Water Care
- Electrical Engineering
MORE ABOUT THE ERWAT BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, accommodation and a monthly stipend.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 30 January 2022 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ERWAT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 26 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a degree qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must have completed your 1st year of study or be currently in your 1st year of study and writing exams
- You must be registered to study at a public University within Gauteng province
- You must have excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- You must pay close attention to detail
- You must NOT be currently receiving any other bursary funding
- Preference will be given to students residing within the Ekurhuleni municipal area
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ERWAT BURSARY
Students can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of University registration (on institutions’ letterhead)
- Full academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of address
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Bursary@erwat.co.za
(Insert the words “External Bursary” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ERWAT BURSARY
15 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the East Rand Water Care Company (ERWAT) directly:
Contact Person: Mr Dikgore
Tel: 011 929 7128
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.