Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursary South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DURBAN ETHEKWINI MUNICIPALITY
The eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality, created in the year 2000 in KwaZulu-Natal, is a metropolitan municipality which incorporates Durban city and its surrounding towns. The Municipality was established from 7 previously independent local councils and tribal land.
The province of KwaZulu-Natal has 11 districts, with eThekwini being the provinces biggest city. It is a popular center for tourists with its extensive beaches, warm subtropical climate, gorges and ravines. The Category A municipality is home to over 3.5 million people.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Bursaries will be awarded within the Engineering and Built Environment field, specifically:
- Chemical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Civil Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electronics (BSc or BEng)
- Quantity Surveying (BSc)
- Applied Chemistry (BSc)
The eThekwini Municipality bursary will provide cover for tuition fees, accommodation, meal allowance, prescribed book allowance and a computer allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback within 3 months of the application deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying or intend on studying full time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a University in South Africa
- High academic achiever
- *Preference will be given to students who are eThekwini residents, have been previously disadvantaged (in terms of disability, race and gender) and those who have completed their first year of study
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above eligibility requirements and would like to apply, must do so by collecting a copy of the application form at:
EThekwini Municipal Academy
221 Anton Lembede Street
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Current Matric students: latest academic results AND proof of enrollment at a tertiary institution,
- Current tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead),
- Proof of acceptance to study at a University.
*If there are any additional documentation required, this will be noted by the Municipality when you collect your application form.
17 November 2017 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Durban eThekwini Municipality directly:
Tel: 031 311 3192