Department of Sport, Arts and Culture DSAC Bursary South Africa 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – DSAC
The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture (DSAC), is one of the South African government departments, whose main objective is to ensure that a better life is built for all South Africans. The DSAC achieves this by following its mission to change the delivery of sports, arts and culture. DSAC plans to enable this change by ensuring that there is equitable access to this sector, development, as well as a level of excellence in every aspect of participation. Through this, DSAC also believes that it can harness socio-economic contributions and thus make a better life for all who live in the country through the means of Sports, Arts, and Culture.
ABOUT THE DSAC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Department of Sports, Arts, and Culture is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2024 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies within heritage-related programmes, specifically these fields:
- Anthropology (focused on forensic / medical anthropology)
- Archaeology (focused on marine and underwater cultural heritage, and forensic)
- Archives and Records Management
- Conservation of the Built Environment including preventive conservation (this includes only a field of study and not a course/ subject of study)
- Collections (Cultural & Natural) Management (Not Nature Conservation)
- Digital heritage
- Fine Arts
- IKS or Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS) and S.A. Living Heritage
- Museum Studies or Management and Curatorship
MORE ABOUT THE DSAC BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED
The bursary will be awarded to the maximum value of R110 000 per student and will be paid directly to the higher institution of learning. The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Full cover for tuition fees
- Full cover for prescribed books
- Electronic devices, to the maximum value of R10 000 (students must provide 3 receipt/ invoices)
- Accommodation, to the maximum value of R50 000 (where applicable)
- Meals, to the maximum value of R18 500 (where applicable)
- Transport, to the maximum value of R10 000 (where applicable)
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture (DSAC) Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DSAC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South Africa citizen
- You must be 40 years old or younger
- You must be currently in Matric (in 2023) or have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification, in one of the heritage related programmes listed above
- You must be studying or have been accepted/ provisional accepted to study at an institution that is accredited and registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must NOT be currently full-time employed within the private sector, government or state agencies
- You must NOT earn more than R350 000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DSAC BURSARY
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the DSAC bursary.
- Use an updated browser to apply (Google Chrome or Firefox).
- Fill in all the fields of the application form – do not leave any blanks, put “N/A” if something is not applicable to you.
- Have your ID photo and documents ready for uploading.
- Contact 066 187 6812 (call or text) if you are having trouble applying.
- If the above application links do not work, please try here.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Passport Type Photo (.jpg format)
- Matric latest results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of provisional acceptance/ admission at university
- Postgraduate students: progress report from supervisor, if writing a dissertation or thesis (on university letterhead)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DSAC BURSARY
31 January 2024.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture directly:
Contact Person 1: Ms Reinette Stander
Tel: 083 469 2931
Contact Person 2: Mr Maano Muhadi
Tel: 012 441 3622
Please do NOT contact Kouga Wind Farm if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here