Bombela Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BOMBELA
Bombela Bursary South Africa | The Bombela Concession Company, located in Johannesburg, was appointed in 2006 by the Gauteng Provincial Government, to not only design but also build operate, maintain and finance a portion of the Gautrain rapid rail system.
The Gautrain project began in 2010 with Phase 1 – an airport link between the OR Tambo International Airport (and 2 intermediate commuter stations) and Sandton CBD. The remaining projects include 6 more stations that connect Johannesburg CBD to Hatfield and Pretoria. Gautrain is one of the world’s most reliable passenger train services and has since transported more than 60 million passengers.
The company’s mission is to provide its customers with a reliable, comfortable, safe and clean integrated transportation system – in cooperation with the Gautrain Management Agency and Bombela Operating Company.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE | SERVICE CONTRACT
The Bombela Operating Company is inviting students to apply for their Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Accounting Sciences
- Engineering Studies (Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
- Environmental Science or Health and Safety
- Human Resource Management/ Industrial Psychology
- Information Technology
- Marketing or Communications
- Transport/ Logistics
MORE ABOUT THE BOMBELA BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Bursary recipients must be willing to partake in vocational work at BOC.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 31 January 2023 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a pre-selection interview.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Bombela Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BOMBELA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric in 2022 or 2022
- You must have achieved excellent results in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited public institution within South Africa (University or University of Technology, and/or FET College)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BOMBELA BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at; Bombela Bursary Application 2022
Applicants will be required to Register an Account before they can log in and Apply.
Applicants must use the following promotional code: BOC2022
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the Bombela Bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results or Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution/ Proof if registration for 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- Fee Statement (on institutions letterhead)
- Provide Proof of Residence
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed or informally employed, pension or grant proof if applicable) (certified copy)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BOMBELA BURSARY
18 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise (the administrators for the Bombela Bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 258 4464
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.