Assmang Khumani Mine Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ASSMANG KHUMANI MINE
Khumani Mine, situated in the Northern Cape province of South Africa, is a large iron mine with one of the biggest iron ore reserves in the country and globally. Khumani Iron Ore Mine is an open-cast operation, and is Assmang’s main iron ore producer, replacing the older Beeshoek Iron Ore Mine.
The mine was previously known as the Bruce, King and Mokaning (“BKM”) Project, named after the farms where the iron ore resources are located.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Assmang Khumani Mine is inviting students from the Northern Cape province to apply for their bursary programme. The Khumani Mine bursary intends to promote further education and skills development – the bursary will cover degree qualifications, in ANY field of study.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation, meals, photocopies and a stipend (of an amount to be determined by Assmang Management). The value of the bursary is reviewed each year and adjusted where necessary.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – OBLIGATIONS & SELECTION
Terms and conditions and contractual obligations will be discussed with selected bursary recipients after selection.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be from the Northern Cape province
- Must have completed Matric
- Must be studying or registered to study towards a full-time degree qualification
- Must be studying or registered to study at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
- Preference will be given to African and Coloured students (Male and Female)
- Preference will be given to students from these areas: Boichoko, Deben, Dibeng, Kathu, Kuruman, Olifantshoek, Postdene and Postmasburg
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KHUMANI MINE BURSARY
Download and complete the Assmang Khumani Mine Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary admission/ registration (on letterhead)
- Latest academic results transcript, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of residence (copy of municipal account)
- Medical certificate confirming the type of disability (if disabled)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
Please also CC the following email addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
(Use the words “Khumani Mine Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line)
2) Fax: 086 407 0666
(Attention: HR Administration)
HR Administration office
Assmang (Pty) Ltd Khumani Mine
Private Bag X503
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KHUMANI MINE BURSARY
15 April 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Assmang Khumani Mine directly:
Alveda Williams (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lucinda Moseleni (Email: email@example.com)