Agricultural Research Council ARC Bursary South Africa 2022 – 2023
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – ARC
Agricultural Research Council ARC Bursary South Africa | The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is a premier science institution that provides a strong scientific base and a broadly distributed technology transfer capacity to the entire agricultural industry in South Africa.
ARC’s specialities include Agricultural Research – Crops and Livestock, Agricultural Economics, Technology transfer, Biotechnology, Animal Health, Plant Health, Proteomics, Agricultural Capacity Development, and Natural Resource Management.
ABOUT THE ARC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for Postgraduate (BSc or Honours, Masters and PhD) studies, in Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, and related fields.
The ARC has partnered with the Agricultural Sector Education & Training Authority (AgriSETA) to offer bursaries to agricultural science students, through their Professional Development Programme (PDP).
ABOUT THE ARC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVER VALUE & SELECTION
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of R63 300 per annum, to be used towards tuition fees.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the application closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ARC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a postgraduate qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be registered at a public tertiary institution (University or University of Technology) in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Students from Coloured, Indian and White communities are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ARC BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Agricultural Research Council (ARC) Bursary Application 2022/ 2023
Applicants must use the relevant reference number when applying:
- BSc/ Honours students: HCD01Masters
- Masters students: HCD02Doctoral
- PhD students: HCD05Postdoc
Enter “Zabusaries.com” in the field asking how you heard about the NAMC bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Academic records/ qualifications (certified copies)
- MSc/ MSc for PhD students: Honours certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance or proof of registration in the 2022 academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Statement of Account/ Fee Structure (on institutions letterhead)
- A motivational letter stating why you should be awarded the bursary (maximum 200 words) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ARC BURSARY
29 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Agricultural Research Council (ARC) directly:
Contact person: Mr. Ndikho Mbuce
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.