Accenture Scholarship South Africa 2020 – 2021
ABOUT THE COMPANY – ACCENTURE
Accenture is a top international professional services company, serving over 350 000 clients in over 120 countries. The company began operating in South Africa in the year 1971 and have close to 2000 staff members in South Africa alone.
Accenture provides their clientele with a variety of solutions and services in digital, consulting, technology, operations and strategy. The company operates in the following industries: Banking; Public Service; Consumer Goods and Services; Health; Software and Platforms; Automotive and Industrial; Insurance; Communications and Media; Retail; Energy; Chemicals; Capital Markets; Natural Resources; High Tech; Travel; Life Sciences and Utilities.
The company is made up of the 5 following sub-sectors: Accenture Digital; Accenture Technology; Accenture Consulting; Accenture Operations; Accenture Strategy.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Accenture South Africa (Pty) Ltd has its dedicated education trust, built to help students from strong academic backgrounds, studying in various fields, who lack the financial ability to further their studies.
Scholarships will be awarded to students within the following fields of study:
- Informatics (BCom or BSc or BIT)
- Information Systems
- Computer Science (BSc or Honours)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current) (BEng)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng)
- Information Engineering (BEng)
Successful candidates are provided with full scholarship programmes, for them to further their studies, at various tertiary institutions. Only 2nd to 4th-year students need to apply (including Honours students). Unfortunately, 1st-year students may not apply.
The scholarship programme will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees, meals, residence, book allowance for prescribed books and a laptop.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizens
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (from 2nd to 4th year of study/ Honours)
- Studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: University of Cape Town/ University of the Western Cape/ University of Johannesburg/ University of Pretoria/ University of the Witwatersrand/ Rhodes University
- Good academic record
- Proven financial need
- Strong leadership qualities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the Accenture Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric final results, if currently in the first year of study (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Mid-year exam results or progress report (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (income tax return/ payslip/ letter from employer/ pension receipt etc: certified copies)
- Parents death certificate if deceased (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to SA.CorporateCitizenship@accenture.com
(Insert the words “Accenture Scholarship Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
15 August 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Accenture (SA) Education Trust directly:
Tel: 011 208 4205