National Student Financial Aid Scheme NSFAS ewallet
NSFAS-Funded students who qualify to receive allowances directly from NSFAS will receive cash funds in their NSFAS Wallets. If your NSFAS Wallet is locked, no worries. Here’s why and how to unlock it.
Your NSFAS Wallet will allow you to withdraw cash or spend at any merchant registered by NSFAS. Allowance amounts are determined through consultation with institutions, communicated to NSFAS when you register.
Are you trying to access your allowances but you are getting a message that your account is locked? Here’s why.
You are receiving this message if you have typed in your NSFAS Wallet password incorrectly more than three times. This is just a security measure to prevent fraudsters from accessing your allowances. Please ensure that you memorise and safeguard your NSFAS Wallet password.
If you are a first time user, the process may seem daunting at first but it is pretty simple. Here are the steps on how to get started with your NSFAS Wallet:
- You will receive an SMS welcoming you to NSFAS Wallet
- Once you receive SMS, open it and verify your account by dialling *134*176# and reply with your ID number
- You will then receive a password that you will use when transacting. Note that you need to keep this password secure at all times!
- Do not keep or save your password on your cell phone and always keep your cell phone’s screen locked with a password or pin.
To unblock your myNSFAS Wallet, you need to:
- Log into your myNSFAS account
- Go to NSFAS Connect
- Create a case
- Submit a picture of your ID using a cell phone
- Provide your current cell number
- Indicate that your NSFAS Wallet is blocked
If you are unable to access your myNSFAS account to submit this request, you may send a request to NSFAS via their social media inbox (DM) or email.
For more information, visit the NSFAS website.
Read more: What do I need to apply for NSFAS bursary?