Limpopo Department of Health Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – LIMPOPO DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
The Limpopo Department of Health are a department of the South African government, which is committed to providing affordable, accessible, sustainable and comprehensive quality health care to its residents.
The department have hospitals and clinics for their residents, which are located across their 5 districts, including Capricorn; Mopani; Sekhukhune; Waterberg and Vhembe.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE | SERVICE CONTRACT
The Limpopo Department of Health will be awarding bursaries each year, to deserving and financially needing students, within the Medical/ Health Science field.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed textbook allowance, accommodation and meals.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to enter into a Contractual Agreement to work for the Limpopo Department.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields
- Residing within the Limpopo Province
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms can be downloaded from: http://www.doh.limpopo.gov.za/?s=bursary
Alternatively, application forms can also be obtained from a Department of Health District Office (from one of the addresses below)
*Please Note: application forms must be certified by a Commissioner of Oaths.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic record, if a tertiary student (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a tertiary institution
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ pension statements if on state pension/ death certificate if deceased)
- Current Matric and teriary students must also submit their year end results, before the end of the first week of January.
Applications must be posted to one of the following locations:
Department of Health
Fidel Castro Ruz House
18 College Street
Department of Health District Offices:
- Capricorn: 34 Hans van Rensburg Street, POLOKWANE
- Mopani: Former Gazankulu Parliamentary Offices, GIYANI
- Sekhukhune: Old Parliamentary Building, LEBOWAKGOMO
- Waterberg: Corner Thabo Mbeki |Elias Motswaledi Street, MODIMOLLE
- Vhembe: Old Parliamentary Buildings, Next to High Court, THOHOYANDOU
30 November annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Limpopo Department of Health directly:
Tel: 015 293 6027
Fax: 015 293 6211/ 20
Read Also: Bursaries Open All Year Round