TuksSport UP Sports Performance Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION – UP & TUKSSPORT
The University of Pretoria is one of South Africa’s largest and most respected institutions, celebrating both academic and sporting excellence. The University’s sports department is known as TuksSport and is a global leader in many sporting fields.
TuksSport ensures that all athletes and volunteers are given value and are part of sustainable sports programmes that aim to further develop and enhance the South African community. TuksSport ensures that a high-performance support programme is established for all athletes and participants; providing services such as medical, scientific, fitness, sport-testing, tactical and technical expertise, and sports psychology and injury support.
ABOUT THE TUKSSPORT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
TuksSport, the sports department of the University of Pretoria, is inviting students to apply for the University of Pretoria Sports Performance Support Bursary, for the 2023 academic year. This sports programme consists of many components which the candidate will need to further enhance their sporting talent, whilst simultaneously obtaining a tertiary qualification.
TuksSport passionate and professional coaches will act as a guide to the candidate during the programme, ensuring that they reach their fullest potential. TuksSport aims to make the candidate part of the TuksSport, at one of the top Academy and Sporting Universities in the country, that is both locally and internationally recognised.
The bursary programme covers any of the following sporting disciplines:
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the TuksSport Bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE TUKSSPORT BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWAL
The Sports Performance bursary will only be awarded for 1 sports code – students cannot be in receipt of funding for more than 1 sports code.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time, and students are required to re-apply for funding each year. Bursaries will be renewed each year based on academic performance, sporting performance, as well as training attendance and commitment to the programme.
All applicants will receive acknowledgement of their application soon after their application is received. Applicants who do not receive acknowledgement of their application within 3 weeks of applying, should make contact with their specific TuksSport club.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TUKSSPORT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must intend on studying full-time at the University of Pretoria
- You must be entering your 1st year of study in 203
- You must excel in one of the above sporting disciplines
Bursary recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Prioritising of funds per the TuksSport club prioritization
- Shortage of athletes in the Club for events or playing positions
- Position on sport-specific SA Junior and Senior rankings
- Position on international rankings
- Ability to qualify for international competitions
- Potential performances at USSA (South African Student Championships taking place each year) and participation at the Varsity Sports SA and Varsity Cup competitions in a specific sporting code
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TUKSSPORT BURSARY
Applicants must complete the TuksSport Bursary Application Form by clicking on the blue icon of their relevant sporting disciplines.
Applicants must then submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Full-length action shot photograph of yourself (A5 size in jpeg format)
- Grade 11 school results (if currently in Matric and entering your first year of study in 2023)
- Sports Curriculum Vitae (including the following: 1) Sporting Performance History, 2) Training Plans currently being followed, along with your training plan (if in Matric), during the Matric exams until your arrival at University, 3)Your strong and weak points and areas you are focusing on in your during your training sessions
- Other Information or Achievements (e.g. leadership, culture, associations etc.)
- Sports Performance Support Application (the online application you completed above will be emailed to you – this must be scanned / print generated)
Note: applicants who are under 18 years old, must have their application signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Applications must be submitted via email to Mrs Riekie Labuschagne (TuksSport Bursary Administration): Riekie.firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “TuksSport Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE TUKSSPORT BURSARY
31 July 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact TuksSport directly:
Tel: 012 420 6060
Or contact the TuksSport specific code manager directly.