Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – AEASA
The Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), established in 1961, is the professional organisation of Agricultural Economists in South Africa.
The 4 major objectives of the AEASA are to:
1) Promote training, research and interest within the Agricultural Economics sector.
2) Promote scientific principle applications of Agricultural Economics, to help solve problems relating to agricultural, rural and relevant national issues in Southern Africa.
3) Promote agricultural economists interests, in regards to activities in the constitution.
4) Improve communication between agricultural economists at all levels (regional, national and international).
The BD Nomvete Memorial Bursary Trust Fund was formed by the Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), in memory of the late Prof. B.D. Nomvete.
ABOUT THE AEASA BD NOMVETE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA) is inviting postgraduate students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. The AEASA bursary will cover PhD studies, in the field of Agricultural Economics or another approved related discipline.
The studies undertaken must contribute to the field of Agricultural Economics or towards the solution of agricultural economic or socio-economic problems.
MORE ABOUT THE AEASA BD NOMVETE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover of R50 000 per year, for a maximum period of 3 years. Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and students are required to submit written progress reports supported by the supervisor, to receive funding for further years.
Successful recipients will be announced in October 2021, during the Annual General Meeting of AEASA.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AEASA BD NOMVETE BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be 35 years old or younger
- You must be registered or accepted to study full-time towards a PhD in Agricultural Economics (or another approved related discipline)
- You must be registered or accepted to study at an approved and accredited university in South Africa
- You must satisfy the minimum admission requirements of your tertiary institution
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds (particularly females)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE AEASA BD NOMVETE BURSARY
Download and complete the AEASA Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Alternatively, candidates may request an application form by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Passport-sized photo (to be attached to the application form
- South African ID document (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (certified copy)
- Most recent exam results or a progress report if no exams were written (certified copy)
- Explanation on your most recent activities, if you did not study
- Proof of tertiary admission or 2021 registration (where possible)
- Research proposal
- 2 testimonials from university lecturers
- Motivational letter to support your application (to include details of your academic ability, career plans, financial need and your vision of your future in South Africa) (1 page)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (including; employment history if applicable, certified detailed academic record and 2 character references)
- Details about your selected field of study, details of the University and academic department in which you plan to complete your PhD
- Comprehensive research proposal, approved by the proposed supervisor
Note: if you are unable to submit any of these documents, provide an explanation why.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
C/o BD Nomvete Memorial Trust Bursary
Private Bag x935
2) Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR THE AEASA BD NOMVETE BURSARY
16 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA) directly:
Contact Person: Elma du Plessis