Film School Africa (FSA) Bursary South Africa 2024 – 2025
Film School Africa (FSA) Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – FSA
Film School Africa (FSA) is a Christian institution that aims to use film to enhance the skills and knowledge of the country’s future filmmakers whilst also using film as a medium for ‘art therapy’.
Film School Africa encourages outside-the-box thinking and believes that it is impeccable for our society and the creative industry. They believe that innovation is a skill that is high in demand, especially in our economy where unemployment amongst the youth is not uncommon, therefore, Film School Africa has opened its doors and aims to harness and produce students that are creative, inspired, and innovative.
ABOUT THE FSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Film School Africa (FSA) is inviting students to apply for their Film College Bursary Programme, for the 2023 academic year.. The bursary will cover studies at Film School Africa College (in Somerset West, Western Cape), within these fields:
- Preproduction Arts (Screenwriting, Casting, Production Design, Locations, Producing)
- Production (Cinematography, Lighting, Sound recording)
- Post-production (Editing, Sound Editing/ Design)
These qualifications offered at FSA include a theoretical base, with a great focus on practical outworking.
MORE ABOUT THE FSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The programme is awarded to 4 to 6 candidates each year and the bursary‘s monetary value is based on the candidate’s financial needs. Both sacrifice and effort will be required from the candidate.
Third-year students may be offered an internship at studios and production companies located near the college.
Zabusaries.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Film School Africa College Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FSA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must intend on studying at FSA College in Somerset West (Cape Town)
- You must be interested in pursuing studies in any of the above-mentioned streams
- You must be willing to live on campus for 2 to 3 years until you have completed your studies
- You must be willing to contribute in any way, based on your ability
- You must be able to prove financial need
- You must be Christian and be willing to work out your faith daily (including attending chapel services and devotions)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FSA BURSARY
Candidates must follow these steps to apply:
Step 1: complete the FSA College Bursary Application Form
Answer these 3 essay questions on the application form (after giving them a lot of thought and attention):
- Why should you be selected to receive the bursary?
- Give details about a challenging time or experience and how you overcame it.
- Give details about where you currently live, and details about your own and your parent’s or guardians’ financial situation.
Note: please ensure that you give as much information as possible as this will strongly influence your application. Questions should preferably be answered in a word document and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- 3 months of your latest bank statements
- 3 months of your parent’s or guardians’ latest bank statements
Step 2: complete the FSA College Application for Film Studies
Candidates will receive an email with further instructions after they have completed the 2 steps above.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FSA BURSARY
15 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Film School Africa directly: