Film School Africa (FSA) Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – FSA
Film School Africa (FSA) is a Christian institution that aims to use film to enhance the skills and knowledge of the country’s future filmmakers whilst also using film as a medium for ‘art therapy’.
Film School Africa encourages outside-the-box thinking and believes that it is impeccable for our society and the creative industry. They believe that innovation is a skill that is high in demand, especially in our economy where unemployment amongst the youth is not uncommon, therefore, Film School Africa has opened its doors and aims to harness and produce students that are creative, inspired, and innovative.
ABOUT THE FSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Film School Africa (FSA) is inviting students to apply for their Film College Bursary Programme, for the 2022 academic year. This programme will be based at the Christian institution – Film School Africa College in Somerset West Cape Town.
The qualifications offered at FSA include a theoretical base, with a great focus on practical outworking. The college offers studies in the following streams:
- Preproduction Arts (Screenwriting, Casting, Production Design, Locations, Producing)
- Production (Cinematography, Lighting, Sound recording)
- Post-production (Editing, Sound Editing/Design)
MORE ABOUT THE FSA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The programme is awarded to 3 to 5 candidates each year and the bursary’s monetary value is based on the candidate’s financial needs. Both sacrifice and effort will be required from the candidate.
Third-year students may be offered an internship at studios and production companies located near the college.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FSA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must intend on studying at FSA College in Somerset West (Cape Town)
- You must be interested in pursuing studies in any of the above-mentioned streams
- You must be willing to live on campus for 2 to 3 years until you have completed your studies
- You must be willing to contribute in any way, based on your ability
- You must be able to prove financial need
- You must be Christian and be willing to work out your faith daily (including attending chapel services and devotions)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FSA BURSARY
Candidates must follow these steps to apply:
1) Complete the FSA College Bursary Application Form
Answer these 3 essay questions (after giving them a lot of thought and attention):
- Why should you be selected to receive the bursary?
- Give details about a challenging time or experience and how you overcame it.
- Give details about where you currently live, and details about your own and your parents/guardians financial situation.
Note: please ensure that you give as much information as possible as this will strongly influence your application. Questions should preferably be answered in a word document and emailed to: email@example.com
Attach clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- 3 months of your latest bank statements
- 3 months of your parents/ guardians latest bank statements
2) Complete the Application for Film Studies
Candidates will receive an email with further instructions after they have completed the 2 steps above.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FSA BURSARY
15 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Film School Africa directly: