Sanlam Bursary South Africa 2021 – 2022
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANLAM
Sanlam was founded in 1918 originally as a life insurance company, but over the years the company has evolved to become a diversified financial services business with a local and international footprint. The group provides individual and institutional clients with financial solutions across all market segments, through its business clusters, namely Sanlam Investments; Sanlam Emerging Markets; Sanlam Corporate; Sanlam Personal Finance and Santam.
Sanlam currently employs approximately 18 000 staff members, services over 10 million clients and is listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) as well as on the NSE (Namibian Stock Exchange).
The group operates throughout Africa (including South Africa; Swaziland; Zambia; Botswana; Namibia; Nigeria; Tanzania; Mozambique; Uganda; Kenya; Malawi; Ghana and Rwanda), as well as in the United Kingdom, Malaysia, India, with additional business interests in Australia, the USA and Philippines.
ABOUT THE SANLAM BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Sanlam is inviting Matriculants to apply for their Actuarial Science bursary for the 2022 academic year. Students who have achieved excellent results in Mathematics, have good problem-solving skills and can maintain discipline and focus should apply for funding.
Sanlam bursaries will be awarded based on Grade 11 and Matric final results.
MORE ABOUT THE SANLAM BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover with the following study expenses: tuition fees, actuarial board exam fees, accommodation fees, book allowance and pocket money.
Apart from financial aid, students will also receive the following benefits:
- Vacation work
- Opportunities to network with Sanlam staff members
- Academic support and mentoring from actuarial professionals at Sanlam
- Rotational work opportunities across various disciplines
- A guaranteed employment position once graduated
- Continued support
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SANLAM BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric
- You must be enrolled and accepted to study towards an Actuarial Science qualification, for the 2022 academic year
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 90% for Mathematics in Matric
- You must have achieved an overall “A” average
- You must have strong mathematical skills
- Preference will be given to students from designated groups (Black students: African/ Indian/ Coloured)
Students must also possess the following personal attributes:
- Good communication skills
- Have strong analytical abilities
- Adaptable to various situations
- Able to function independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Have order and accuracy
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SANLAM BURSARY
Applications must be submitted online at Sanlam Bursary Application 2022
Please note: ONLY online applications will be accepted – do NOT email or fax your application.
Students are required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation with the online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results (certified copy)
- NBT results
- Full comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (with focus on academics, extra-mural activities and leadership skills)
- Motivational letter (explaining the following in your own words: What does an Actuary do. Why do you wish to study Actuarial Science? Why do you deserve to be awarded the bursary? Do you have the skills and will to become an Actuary? If you do not become an Actuary, what career will you pursue.)
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SANLAM BURSARY
31 August 2021 (extension).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Sanlam directly:
Sanlam Head Office
Tel: 021 947 9111