Egis Operation South Africa Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
WELCOME TO ZABUSARIES.COM,
Welcome to Zabusaries.com, on this page you will find details on Bursaries in South Africa And how to apply. Our aim to provide this information as accurately as possible.
How does it work?
Bursaries vary in amounts and professions and are given to students in order to further their studies. In return for funding your studies, the company may require you to repay them by signing a work contract with them. Another type of bursary is a donor bursary (a bursary awarded to a deserving candidate in a specific field of study or in recognition for his/her work in a specific field of study).
ABOUT THE COMPANY – EGIS OPERATION
Egis Operation South Africa, is part of the internationally-recognised Egis Group, a leader in road operations; traffic management; transport infrastructure development and mobility services within 4 continents. Egis Operation South Africa provides transport engineering services, specialising in operation and maintenance of infrastructure with toll systems.
Egis has been operating in Africa, across all its market segments, for more 25 years.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Egis Operation South Africa will be awarding bursaries for studies within the following fields (Certificate, Diploma or Degree qualification):
- Electrical Engineering
- Project Management
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
The bursary will provide cover for full tuition fees and a book allowance.
Bursaries will be granted for 1 year of study at a time, and will be renewable each year based on the students’ academic performance. Egis also aims to provide bursary recipients with internships and learnerships, where applicable, and the best candidates will be offered full-time employment.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric with English, Mathematics and Physical Science
- Registered to study towards an Electrical Engineering or Project Management Certificate, Diploma or Degree qualification
- Registered to study at an accredited South African University or University of Technology
- First, second and third year students are welcome to apply
- In financial need
- Have a good academic record
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
Students from the following South African Universities and Universities of Technology are encouraged to apply:
- University of South Africa (UNISA)
- University of Johannesburg (UJ)
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- University of the Witwatersrand (WITS)
- Rhodes University (RU)
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- University of the Western Cape (UWC)
- Stellenbosch University (US)
- University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN)
- University of Mpumalanga (UMP)
- University of Zululand (Unizulu)
- University of Limpopo (UL)
- University of Fort Hare (UFH)
- Walter Sisulu University (WSU)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU)
- Sol Plaatje University (SPU)
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
- University of the Free State (UFS)
- North-West University (NWU)
- Vaal University of Technology (VUT)
- Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT)
- Central University of Technology (CUT)
- Durban University of Technology (DUT)
- Monash South Africa Private University (MSA)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Egis Operation SA Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June/ latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- First semester academic record, if currently studying at university (certified copy)
- Letter of acceptance from your tertiary institution (on letterhead)
- Motivational essay explaining why you should be chosen for the bursary (approximately 250 words)
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Egis Operation Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview – if you do not receive any feedback 1 month after the cosing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
15 February 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Egis Operation South Africa directly:
Tel: 011 881 5828