DRDGOLD Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – DRDGOLD
DRDGOLD Limited (previously known as Durban Roodepoort Deep Limited) is a South African gold producer and a global leader in recovering metal from the retreatment of surface tailings. The company was in 1895 and is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
DRDGOLD’s major shareholders include Sibanye Stillwater Ltd., Investec Value Fund, Ergo Mining Operations (Pty) Ltd., DRDSA Empowerment Trust, Clearstream Banking SA Luxembourg, Van Eck Associates Corporation, KBC Securities N.V Clients and Citi client Nominees No 8.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, VAC WORK | SELECTION
Ergo Mining Proprietary Limited (Ergo) and Far West Gold Recoveries Proprietary Limited (FWGR), who are subsidiaries of DRDGOLD, will be awarding bursaries to students residing in Gauteng and studying within the following fields (undergraduate studies only):
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Human Resources
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Safety Management
Bursary recipients will be required to undertake vacation work at one of DRDGOLD’s operations during tertiary holidays.
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Reside within Gauteng province (preference will be given to students who reside in the City of Johannesburg, Ekurhuleni and Merafong)
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Entering 1st or 2nd year of study in 2021
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- Preference will be given to students with a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Students who meet the above minimum criteria may apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of address in Gauteng
- Short Curriculum Vitae
- 1st-year students must also submit: Matric latest results or Grade 11 final results (certified copy), AND a provisional letter of acceptance from a tertiary institution for 2022 studies (on tertiary letterhead)
- 2nd-year students must also submit: full 2020 tertiary academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
Applications must be submitted via email to the Human Resources Department: email@example.com
(Please insert the following words in the email subject line: “ref: BUR021”)
(Please note: there is no application form for this bursary – you need only submit the documents as listed above to apply).
19 February 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the DRDGOLD Head Office directly:
Tel: 011 470 2600